close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30 Trigger Guard - Knuckle rubber

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Johnspark, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Johnspark

Johnspark Grumpy Fish

Has anyone had the problem of the trigger guard rubbing against their middle finger knuckle. After a few rounds, or during alot of draw and fire, I find I wish that guard was a little more rounded over.

Has anyone made any modifications to accomodate? Pics?

Or am I alone here?;g

2. chichi

chichi

With the glock 35 no problem but mine rubs with the 23 I have seriously thought of taking a chain saw file and removing some material.;Q

3. get2now

get2now Yowsa!!!

This is what I did to mine because of that problem.
    Just be careful not to let the Dremel get away from you like I did, as you can see by the little gouge on the side of the trigger guard.
    When I got done with the Dremel I used a checkering file to get a little gripping surface.
    I also took off the upper finger groove.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Burns

Burns

I have the same problem with my G19. Its what I dislike most about the gun. After that would be that the finger grooves are a bit too close together for my fingers. I have been thinking about using a dremel on it, but I don't want it to "get away from me".

5. chichi

chichi

Yea, thats why I was gonna use a saw file.I have no problem with the finger groove its just where the trigger guard turns the rounded edge so sharply from the side to the bottom. I just want to give it a more rounded flow. If you don't shoot much its not a big deal but if you practice and use your stuff its a nuisance. I wonder how the 22 is in this area.

6. Johnspark

Johnspark Grumpy Fish

Thanks get: Great Pics.
    I now have to screw up the courage to do the modifications. I'd almost rather pay a professional.

7. chichi

chichi

I would encourage you to try it yourself a "pro" is just gonna do the same thing his way, and charge you and hand it to you and then is it gonna feel right. With a file you can take a small amount off right where you want it and quit when it feels right. Just my .02cents. Only downside I can see is it will hurt your resale value if you ever do.

8. G27inthebelt

G27inthebelt

That looks like hell dude "Cave hammer!!!"

9. get2now

get2now Yowsa!!!

I don't really care what it looks like as long as it works. I didn't get it to be a show piece, I got it to shoot.
    That said, yeah I kinda goobered it up but it feels really good now. ;f

10. chichi

chichi

I'd have to say function before form. Not knocking anyone here, but there a ton of people that like to show thier stuff off when company shows up at the range or home and fileing on a glock is sure to get you some turned up noses but if it improves the feel how are you going wrong? Would have been nice if Glock had made it a tad more rounded to begin with.:soap:

11. G27inthebelt

G27inthebelt

Im with you... you gotta shoot'em well first but still the customisation can be done with a little more care. im really dont mean to diss your effort but i gasped when i saw it... I do have some isues with some ergo factors on the glocks but i personaly think it is very important to train with stock guns especialy if you make a living carring a gun as i do... the worry is that if i train with a custom gun what happens if that gun has a catostrophic falure that puts it out of commition. now im without a gun that i feal confadant shooting... its like when shooters knock there sights over in order to compensate for pushing there rounds.

If you really dont like how the glock fealf you may want to think about getting a SIG.

12. chichi

chichi

Been there done that, heavier gun and bigger groups were my experience. Looks good but just didn't bond with it.;Q

13. get2now

get2now Yowsa!!!

Try training with more than just ONE gun... I'm confident shooting any type of gun, albiet custom or stock. Just depends on how much shooting you do.
    YMMV

14. chichi

chichi

Granted I'm just a lowly civilian, but I'll have to disagree with your confidence theory.I can shoot more than one gun,but lets say for example I have to hit something important at 50yds I am 500%more confident I'll hit it with a s&w 686 than any sig or other auto.700 or ruger mini 30 now your not just as confident anymore or less with either working or hitting.........PLEASE;f

15. gary newport

gary newport

I've gotten Glock Knuckle from just about every one of my Glocks--which is why I gently sandpaper the offending region of the triggerguards of all Glocks I buy, not nearly as drastically as in the picture above.

16. Johnspark

Johnspark Grumpy Fish

How much material have you removed and what size grit sandpaper did you start/finsh with?

17. gary newport

gary newport

I usually use a medium grit (the packs I get at Safeway have coarse, medium and fine) to get started, then switch to fine pretty quickly. I remove just enough of the lower right edge (I'm right-handed) to round it a bit, testing in my hand until I get it to the point where it doesn't gouge my knuckle. I don't think you'd notice the change from a few feet away unless you were specifically looking for it.

I also sand the inside and outside bottom of the trigger guard so that they are smooth, and sand the trigger safety such that it is flush with the trigger face when depressed. I find that these very minor "dehorning" operations make my Glocks more comfortable to shoot over a long range session and don't substantially alter the appearance of the pistols.

18. Johnspark

Johnspark Grumpy Fish

I'm really considering doing this, but I'm just not there yet. Do you have any pics you could post to show the work?

19. get2now

get2now Yowsa!!!

Here's a cleaned up version.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I only did this to my G30 and G26. The finger groove size isn't reduced on a G37 like it is on the compact and sub-compact models so I didn't make any modifications to that one. I would guess if you only took off the upper groove you wouldn't need to change the trigger guard at all though.

20. gary newport

gary newport

Sorry, no pictures. If you want to try it, just proceed very slowly, sanding just a wee bit and trying it for size.