close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30 tactical light mounting system

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kmrcstintn, Apr 23, 2002.

1. kmrcstintn

kmrcstintn

I own a Glock 30 which is my "home defense" weapon...I already have Meprolight Tru-Dot night sights so I can locate the weapon in the dark. ;g

I have heard that ?Sure-Fire? makes a "universal" tactical light system for Glocks without tactical rails. It uses an adapter that clamps onto the trigger guard. I have scanned their entire sight without any results.

Does anyone know if Sure-Fire has this system, what the part # is, and if it will work on the compact frame? I do not really care how far the light sticks out...this is a home defense weapon! ;s

I also have a Kimber Pro Shadow LE II...4" barrel, almost full size aluminum frame, full size grip. If a tactical light mount is not available for the G30, does any company make one for a 1911 frame used on Kimber?

Thanks for any replies.;G

2. DAVEKO

DAVEKO Deceased Millennium Member

I have the same question as yourself, and no one has been able to answer it yet. I hope they can this time. I went out and purchased a 6p surefire light and a spare mag/light holder for each pistol I own. I still prefer to get a weapons light for my G30 also......;f

p.s. I've also looked at the same site you did for the surefire systems and I can not get the info. needed either to answer the question either.

Somebody help us (wantalightforourweapons) folks........

3. aknbak

aknbak

just doesn't sound like a practical idea for a defense weapon. To me it says, "shoot right here." It's like the compensated version, it gives off a real bright target, me. It's just my 2 cents worth.

4. kmrcstintn

kmrcstintn

Sure-Fire P101 & Sure-Fire P111...not sure of the differences.

I "stumbled" across a P101 at a local gun shop today. Of course, per manufacturer's recommendations, they didn't recommend it for the compact frame...but I "sized" it up anyway. $129 + tax

I bought it and it is mounted right now...it sticks out nearly 3" in front of the muzzle, but mounts nice a tight and I have no play in it.

I haven't test-fired it yet, but hopefully it'll hold up and not cause any feeding malfunctions.

I had also e-mailed Sure-Fire and they also didn't recommend it, but they just stated there wasn't a viable market to develop and mass produce light systems specifically for the smaller frames since they are secondary and CCW in their use.

It is functional without form.

;b

5. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

TopGlock has these for sale as well. But the G21 & 30 is not listed as able to accept them.

kmrcstintn, please let us know how it works out on your G30.

6. kmrcstintn

kmrcstintn

like I said...functional without form...it sticks out nearly 3" and I haven't fired it yet...it may throw the entire recoil timing off and cause failures...not sure yet

7. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

AknBak if you've ever had the bad luck to have a SureFire weaponlight aimed in your direction, (especially in the dark!) which I have, you go temporarily blind and tend to stand there going "what the hell is that!" with eyes shut. Aiming or firing at it, not really an option!

8. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

I meant let us know how your G30 functioned with the light installed. Beacsue I am considering getting one for both my G30 & G21.

9. kmrcstintn

kmrcstintn

first off...this light comes with a tactical rail adapter that attaches to the front of the trigger guard...the locking slot on the top of the light housing is designed to seat and lock into this rail and this rail alone...it is not designed for Picatinny rail designs...the P101 dosen't have a slimline grip squeeze switch (this switch design is standard with Model P111)

With that aside...with the rail mounted...I successfully fired 50 rounds without any feeding or extraction/ejection problems; with the light housing mounted to the rail...I successfully fired 50 rounds without any feeding or extraction/ejection problems; out of the 50 rounds with the light attached, I fired 10 with the light turned on...the recoil and energy transfer did not affect the light (it remained on)

Upon breakdown and cleaning, both the light and the rail were in good operational condition and the screws remained tight...the only signifigant things to report were that:

1) I fire low and to the left due to a bad trigger pull...with the light attached, I seemed to fire more toward aim point due to less movement of the gun

2) the usual propellant residue that is usually found on the front of the slide covered the rail that was sticking out in front of the gun and on the lens of the light...be careful in cleaning the lens so it doesn't get scratched

3) I did not draw from holster...this is a bedside gun set up for my home defense

4) cartridges shot...50 Speer Lawman 230 Gr FMJ; 50 Winchester 230 Gr BEB (brass enclosed back jacketed) Winclean; 2 145 Gr Glaser Safety Slugs (this is my home defense round since I live in an apartment with neighbors on the other side of the walls...I fired these to test the cycling ability of the G30 with lighter bullet, hotter load +P combination)...all cycled without and problems

10. GTZ

GTZ

I just saw in a magazine last week a plastic piece that simulates the glock front rail. I think is was SWAT magazine or something. It attached to the dust cover and trigger guard and gives you the same mounting point as the longer framed Glocks. GG&G also makes an M3 attachment but not for the G30. The M3 is a great light for the Glock. Good size, momentary switch is perfectly located and the cost is low.

Remember, low light shooting is an art, scan, identify, blind, shoot, turn the light off, move, repeat. Just like shampoo, do it as many times as you think neccessary. For the average home invasion, you will have such an upper hand. The BG with a .32 or a screwdriver will be in a world of ****.

11. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

I just recently purchased a G30 (picked it up 4/25) and in the brochure I received it shows a flashlight holder that connects at the bottom of the magazine. I went to the official Glock site www.glock.com however they don't currently have any photos of their Accessories. The brochure says:
    Hope this helps. btw it looks like the flashlight being used in the Glock literature is one of these.

clic pic
    [​IMG]

12. kmrcstintn

kmrcstintn

This accessory is specifically designed to fit the G22 and G17...The magazine comes with the flashlight holder as the bottom of the magazine ...I'm not sure if the flashlight comes with it, but I've seen these things going for $60 - $80 in Shotgun News

It would be nice if they sold it to fit different magazine bottoms that allowed the consumer to choose which model of Glock they use it on. Guess the tac light manufacturers would have a field day with Glock or another aftermarket manufacturer of they offered a magazine adapter that could take the Mini Maglight and sold for @ $30 -$40 ;C ;E ;G ;I

13. billkrom

billkrom Glock Armorer

I found a guy on Gunbroker.com that sells them under accessories. I paid 15 for mine last xmas.I put a SureFire Executive E2 in mine. I had to ream out the bushing a little but other than that it's fine. You can attach it in a couple of seconds as it clips in place around the trigger guard. Search on Glock inside of accessories.

14. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

I tried one of those trigger guard clip-on thingies and it fell off as soon as I fired a shot. I'm looking at purchasing either an M-3 or M-6.

15. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

kmrcstintn, Thanks for the range report. IF you don't mind, could post the stock number/model number of the rail. I'm leaning towards the P111.

16. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

I have a few concerns about mounting a flashlight directly to the gun.
    • Extra weight will make the gun handle differently so it would be best to keep the gun in the condition in which you practice with it.
    • For a BG looking at you that light will make a big target.

Of course it is your decision to make and you know what's best for your situation these are just some things that I would want to consider before attaching a flashlight to my G30.

17. kmrcstintn

kmrcstintn

For the person who wants to order a Sure-Fire light:

the tactical mounting rail comes with the light as a kit:
    P101 & P111 both come with the tactical rail and the light as a kit, along with the mounting screws, washers, allen wrench for the screws, 65 lumen bulb, 120 lumen bulb, lithium batteries

18. kmrcstintn

kmrcstintn

"I tried one of those trigger guard clip-on thingies and it fell off as soon as I fired a shot. I'm looking at purchasing either an M-3 or M-6."

The sure-fire P101 & P111 are not clip-on, they mount very tight & sturdy with 4 screws with lock washers

19. kmrcstintn

kmrcstintn

hopefully, I can attach a picture of my Glock 30 with the tac light mounted...ugly, but functional. I have shot 50 rounds through the glock with the tac light mounted and it worked without any problems.

20. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

There's another company, can't remember it offhand at the moment, that makes baseplate light holders for mags. Works well, I know a K-9 officer who uses one for when his other hand is full (dog lead). They make one for a G30 I believe, I can't remember the name at the moment but it'll come to me. They advertise in Combat Handguns, etc.