Glock 30 spring problem.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MATT357NYC, Aug 24, 2005.

1. MATT357NYC

MATT357NYC

I have a G30 it's new has about 120 round throught it. The recoil keeps slipping out of the groove on the barrel. Is that normal the spring still catches but very high on the barrel. This is after the slide is put back on and it is pulled back you can feel it slip at that point.

2. MATT357NYC

MATT357NYC

So after I take it apart it is not sitting on the half moon slot on the barrel its higher. You can feel it slip when put back togther.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The half moon notch is for reassembly only. The guide rod is supposed to pop out to it's normal position once you install the slide. The half moon position is to prevent you from snapping the end off the guide rod while replacing the slide.

4. MATT357NYC

MATT357NYC

5. Glock-N-Fun

Glock-N-Fun

The rod on all models will slide down the barrel lug and rest on the frame after the slide is cycled,usually even after the first cycle of the slide.Look closely at the plastic on the frame just below the rod,you'll see smudge marks.

6. cr2032

cr2032

At first, I was also curious about the placement of the recoil spring assembly, as the half-moon notch was apparently where it was supposed to go, but it kept moving down to the flat notch (and my manual doesn't mention the half-moon notch).

One more issue I have - I just got a Glock 30 with rail, and after cleaning it and putting it back together, I noticed that the end of the recoil spring assembly (the part that comes out at the end of the glock, just under the end of the barrel) sticks out ever so slightly from the frame. It stays flush while putting the slide back on, but once the slide locks into position and the recoil spring assembly slips into it's spot, it then makes the small gap. It's not sticking out much - just enough to slide a couple sheets of paper under - but if I hold it up to a light and look at it from the side I can see clear under the flat end.. I never noticed it do that before, and it seems to be installed correctly and functions fine.

Heres a pic of it held up to the light:
    [​IMG]

Is this normal?

7. atcdoug

atcdoug

Must be, mine does it too!

8. cr2032

cr2032

OK thanks, thats good to know. I was kinda worried there for a while.