close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30 "SF?"

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by glockman23, Feb 13, 2010.

1. glockman23

glockman23

I got to handle the two smaller .45's side by side yesterday (G30 SF and 36). The 36 feels very comfortable, but not worth the 4 round tradeoff for my purposes. If I really just had to carry a .45 ALL THE TIME I'd probably go with the 36. Nice gun.

Anyway I got into a little argument with the little cute chick they had working the counter. She tried to tell me the SF stood for "slim frame". I told her that I thought it meant "short frame". She told me I was wrong and smiled at me condescendingly (like most of the staff there do- hence the reason I don't buy from them unless I absolutely have to.)

So anyway SF means "short frame" and refers to the length front to back (not the width) of the grip, correct?

2. 07Busa

07Busa

"Short Frame" the distance from the backstrap to the trigger is shorter than the standard G30.

I haven't check in a while but im pretty sure the only firearm in the "Slim Line" is the G36, But you dont refer to it as G36SF

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Correct. SF is short frame. The G36 is a Slimline Glock, the only Slimline Glock.

4. glockman23

glockman23

I thought so.

That smug little *****....:upeyes:

God, I hope that place burns down.

5. Bobshouse

Bobshouse

Wow...just because she disagreed with you on what SF stood for?

I'd hate to get you really upset.

6. mr00jimbo

mr00jimbo

If it makes you feel any better, a place I tried to buy my 21SF from told me that it did not come without an ambidextrous mag release and told me if I didn't want it, I should use a dremel and grind it down.

7. Armed Infidel

Armed Infidel ~ Old Warrior ~

Now just wait one minute here... how cute was she? :rofl:

8. glockman23

glockman23

It's not just that, I'm not that much of a jerk.

They just have a lot of smug know-it-alls working there. Not all of them. Just quite a few.

For example on the same day I told the guy at the rifle counter I wanted to look at some 20 gauges, maybe a youth model for home defense. He refused to leave the counter and said:

"Yeah... I don't think we have any of those. You can have a look for yourself- the ones with the red tags are used, the yellow tags are new."

I found one after searching for about 10 minutes. Just no help at all, and I feel like I'm putting them out by asking to see stuff or asking questions.

I won't mention the name of the store, but I googled revews on them and there were a lot of people with similar impressions.

Plus they overcharged me on my first gun by like $150. I didn't know any better.

The problem is they have so much cool stuff to look at and handle I'm in there once a month or so.:dunno:

9. glockman23

glockman23

Pretty cute. Of course I find all young women that like and can handle .45s cute.:wow:

If she wasn't handling a Glock she would be cute but not anything super special.

She was "Gun Store Hot".

Man, I hope she doesn't post on this forum.:embarassed:

This is a gunstore in Puerto Rico, BTW. If you're "Gun Store Hot" and reading this, and it sounds familiar, it's just a coincidence. Unless you're in Puerto Rico.:whistling: