close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock 30 recoil assembly question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by j_ratliffe, Jun 10, 2003.

1. j_ratliffe

j_ratliffe

i just picked up my new g30 today and noticed when i rack the slide then take the slide off, the recoil rod/spring assembly isn't sitting in it's half circle cutout. it moves up out of it and rests on the barrel lug just above the half circle, but does not fall out when i remove the slide. is this suspposed to happen? anyone else notice this? i put the recoil rod back in it place, operated the slide a few times, and the same thing. my g36 or g21 does not do this. i tried a wolff guide rod and spring setup in it that i bought before i got the gun and after i rack the slide i have to really force the slide to get it off it does the same thing, but makes the slide a ***** to get off.

2. Gecko10

Gecko10

First, the normal disassembly procedure is to rack the slide, clear the gun, pull the trigger, then remove the slide. Second, the recoil spring rod coming out of the 1/2 moon slot is not a problem and is a common occurace on some guns.

3. j_ratliffe

j_ratliffe

thanks for the reply,
    when i remove the slide it sticks a little and i have to pull hard on the slide to get it off. with the wolff guide rod setup it does not want to come off at all. it takes alot of force to remove it. i would, sometime down the road after the stock spring has a few thousand on it replace with the wolff i bought as a spare. and yes, i do clear the gun and pull the trigger befor disassembly.

4. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

i've had 3 model 30's and they all did the same thing, with the stock or wolff rod.

just pull hard, or grasp the grip and slap the slide on your palm. sometimes that moves the rod enough to make slide removal a tad easier.

5. j_ratliffe

j_ratliffe

thanks striderglock,
    i went back to the gun shop where i bought it, he had another one, new in the box, and we looked at that one and it does exactly the same thing, so i guess it's normal with the g30 model. i'm happy as a pig in slop with my new g30. friday is range day. i'm going to put about 300 rounds through it. fridays the 13th, maybe i'll wait until next friday....NOT.

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

It's normal with all Glocks. The half-moon cutout is for reassembly only.

7. bplinzy

bplinzy

I just checked it on my 19, and while it wasn't all the way up on the second ridge, it was well out of the half-moon. Tried it twice.

Brian

8. redX

redX

Yeah,same thing happens on both my 23 and 30.Glad to hear it is normal.