close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30 range report and question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Trapper43, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Trapper43

Trapper43

I went to the range with my new G30 today. It shot very well with all types of ammo. I am retired and don't get a chance to shoot as much as I used to. After shooting about 50 rounds my strong hand started shaking so bad I couldn't get a sight picture. I tried resting it for about 15 minutes, however, that didn't seem to help much.
    Is there a cure for this problem?
    When I was working I never experienced this problem and I shot at least once to twice a month, however, with smaller caliber weapons.
    Any comments will be appreciated. I hope it isn't a sign of OLD AGE.

2. Claywms

Claywms

Hi there. I'm 32 and have the same problem sometimes, so it may not be an issue of age! I find that sometimes I'm just trying too hard and forgetting to relax a little while I'm shooting. I tense up when concentrating on my sight picture and trigger control and end up shaking. It helps just to put the gun down for 5 minutes and relax. I have also found, seriously, that I shoot much better when I skip the coffee before going to the range.
    Keep on trying!

3. Andy

Andy Millennium Member

Trapper43,

Setting caliber, pistol, ammo load, etc. aside, and assuming your grip and style of shooting allows it, how about letting your weak hand have a stronger grip and your strong hand relax a little bit more. Something like 60-70% weak hand and 30-40% strong hand on the combined grip strength.

If your hand is of medium size then the G30's width does make your arms/hands get tired more easily.

4. r2kba

r2kba Relax

Yeah, dont squeeze the gun so hard :)

5. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

You're subconsciously doing the "Oh my God I'm shooting a FORTY FIVE(!!) deathgrip" that most new-to-.45 shooters do. I've been shooting .45s for over ten years, more like 16 (on and off) so I'm fairly immune to it, but most new-to-.45-ers do it for a while.