Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my first glock,mainly ccw which do you all prefer and why
I dont have the option to shoot either of them,shot the glock 21,but I need compactness,let me know as I'll be going to Arrington's after work tomorrow to purchase.
do they make a 36sf?cant wait to shoot and get it,like a kid waiting for X-mass.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Both are good weapons. The 36 is thinner and a little smaller with 6 rounds + 1. The 30/30sf is thicker and carries 10 + 1. I couldn't make up my mind so I got both and depending on where and when, I carry both concealed. I don't think you can go wrong but since it's going to be an only gun (for a while) I'd go with the 36. You'll hear a lot of negatives about it on the forum but you'll hear just as many if not more positives. Proof is in the shooting.

·
Banned
2,598 Posts
If I could have only one I would pick up the 30sf. It's not really that much bigger in my opinion.

·
GAP'r
940 Posts
I went with the G36 as I have small hands and it was the thinnest gripped Glock I could find. I went with a Glock for concealed carry because I didn't want to worry about anything but aiming and pulling the trigger. I feel well armed carrying a pistol in .45 acp as well.

·
Registered
805 Posts
The glock 30 is just as easy to conceal, but the 36 might be more comfortable due to thickness and weight.

If you ask me, the 30 is more comfortable to shoot.

·
BIG DAWG #1562
119 Posts
It depends on which one is most comfortable for you.....I carry the G30sf all the time and its very comfortable and it conceals well on me, but the G36 is also a great gun and its thinner, so I think you wont go wrong with either gun, as long as its what you like.

If you want me to make the decision for you......GET THE G30SF !!!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 36, I love that li son of a gun! Not heavey easy to hide with a shell the size of something I'd hate to be thrown at me.

But the 30sf is something very nice

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the quick replys guys,I'll be holding each of them tomorrow,then I'll deceide,gotta get a iwb as well pop it in there and walk around the store awhile then I'll deceide. I'll post pics of my new baby tomorrow.Thanks again.

·
Registered
720 Posts
30......I like the extra capacity...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've recently been thinking that I'd be better off with the G36. I've had my G30 for about 3 years, and while it's a joy to shoot, it's not my favorite carry piece. I've found the grip is a bit large for my hands and on the draw it's a little difficult getting my sights lined up correctly while adjusting my grip. I don't really think that the extra 2 to 3 rounds-depending on the mag you use-makes that much difference. I will add however, that the G30 is slightly softer shooting than the 36.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Sold my 36... got a 30SF with Warren Tactical sights... 1st outing:

7yds... 9 shots...one raged hole

·
Front Sight
891 Posts
In my opinion I'd get a G30 or G30SF. I have never shot a G36 . The wider backstrap will cushion the recoil along with the heavier slide. It is a very accurate gun and a pleasure to shoot. Follow up shots will be much easier. You can get a 9 round mag to help conceal if you feel the need.
Let us know wich one you got.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The 36 is an awesome carry piece. I would not trade it for any other Glock.
Just because I would not trade it for any other Glock does not mean I would not buy another Glock! But the 36 is my main carry.

·
transmogrifier
12,512 Posts
My G36 is one of the last material possesions I would ever part with.
I'll buy another soon, just to ensure I'll always have one.

I have small hands and the G36 fits me very well.
100% reliable, takes any ammo I feed it.
Several of my mags have the Pierce +1 extensions. They work fine, but I've also come to enjoy using the standard 6-rd mags.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ok I have to get in on this. The 36 is great if you have a small frame. It really can be hard to hide a 30 if you are a skinny guy. I am a Big guy so the 30 is my baby. I think it is the best shooting Glock. The 30 makes me look like a better shot than I am. For some reason the 36 is harder for me to be tight with. The 30 just points better in my hand. Remeber to ask if they have the 30fs some people love it. I have the 3rd gen standard 30 as it does magic for me. Good luck and welcom to the CCW family!:cheers:

·
VCDL
1,612 Posts
I just don't even think this is a close one. For me, G30 all the way. It is just the new math.... 10 or 6....hmmmmm. Think I'll take 10.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2nd generation G30. It was my first gun and I love it dearly. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Another thing to keep in mind when looking at the G36 is that it is the 'oddball' of the Glock family. Accessories are harder to come by for it. Most of the ones I've seen that fit 'all' Glocks exempt the 36 from that statement.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've shot both and agree the G36 is harder to shoot well. The thinner backstrap is easier to carry but significantly reduces the cushion from recoil. The thicker backstrap on the G30 helps with recoil and followup shots a lot. Trouble I had with the G30 was the overall thickness of the grip. I ordered a G30sf yesterday, it's just right for me.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts