close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30 or 36

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by alzeller, May 2, 2002.

1. alzeller

alzeller FFL

Glock 30 or 36
    I can't decide between the 30 and 36.
    The 30 will run me 475 and the 519.

Any good or bad on either of these.

Control, Recoil, Accuracy.

Anyone know of cheaper prices on these.

Albert Zeller

2. steelerfan

steelerfan Country Roads..

Welcome, Albert. If you search through the archives here in the Big Dawgs Club you will find more info than you'll want to hear.:)

I prefer the 30 over the 36 because the 30 holds more rounds and is a little softer on recoil. They are both fun to shoot. I would recommend going to a gun show so you can see how both feel in your hands. Some think the 30's grip is too fat to be comfortable but that is very subjective. Even better would be to go to a range that rents them so you can fire both before you buy.

Again, welcome aboard.

3. DaveR120

DaveR120

I like my 36. The extra thin frame makes a huge difference for concealed carry. I also figure, if it takes more than 7 rounds of .45 ACP, then I may be in trouble anyway.

4. jhfenton

jhfenton Evil Marathoner

I've fondled both and liked both. I did slightly prefer the slimmer feel of the 36 over the 30, but both were comfortable.

Of course, I'm attracted to the 29. Now if only we had a slimline 10 mm, my dilemma would be over. Oh well, my problem....

Was that helpful?

5. Tphipps

Tphipps

I find the 36 easier to conceal and more comfortable to wear on a long day, especially when driving. I find the extra rounds of the 30 comforting, expecially when on a long trip like a vacation.

I have medium hands, actually medium palms and short fingers. My 14 year old son (big kid) already has hands a bit larger than mine. But I find the 30 very comfortable to shoot. No reaching for the trigger and the fat grip really lessens the recoil of +P loads.

I shoot both accurately, but prefer the 30 when I can get away with it.

Either gun is a great one to own. I bought the 36 first then added the 30. Carry the 30 about 90 percent of the time.

Tim

6. Full_Metal_Jacket

Full_Metal_Jacket

You couldn't go wrong with either one. I own both. They are both unbelievably accurate and great fun to shoot. All the complaints that you run across with folks b*tching about G36 and recoil is very over blown IMHO. The key to it it is regular practice.

For yourself, if it's primarily for CCW go for the G36. I carry 2 extra magazines, both with the Pearce +1 mag extenders. If 7 + 1 doesn't do it for you..... They look great and it works fine with the original spring. If this is to be for home defense and range shooting perhaps the G30 would be the way to go. I shoot both every weekend. Let us know how you go! :cool:

7. Steve-O

Steve-O

$64,000 question: Have you tried them yet? I have seen enough on this board to know every Glock model is the favorite of someone or a group of people. Different physical makeup, such as hand size, concealability desires, etc. I personally preferred and purchased a 30. But that's me. If you haven't tried them yet, then a simple session at the range may make the answer to that question a no-brainer.....for you; key words: "for you".

It'd be a real pity if you were to purchase one, then try the other down the road and realize that you should have taken the other path.

8. alzeller

alzeller FFL

I just ordered a 30 from discount guns ($519). This is my first Glock.

Thanks for all the input on this.

9. JJ30

JJ30

I also had a tuff time deciding between the 30 or 36. I bought the 30 and couldn't be happier. I will admit, for a few days the grip did feel just a little thick. But wait, something was happening, as the days went on I don't know exactly how it happened but one of two things did occur, either the grip got smaller or my hand got bigger. ;) G30 magic. Perfectly fits my hand now!

10. 10-Ring

10-Ring

I guess I went against the grain on the grip thing...I like'em big, I guess that's why my favorite pistols are doulble stack 45's :D So, if you take that logic the next step, you would figure I went with the double stack 30 over the 36.