close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30 magazine

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rkguy9, Apr 13, 2012.

1. rkguy9

rkguy9

I recently purchased a used G30sf, with 3 mags. It's a late manufacture G30, but one of the mags, is different. The spring has substancially less resistance, and had a follower #3955. Also the area behind the follower is wider, not to mention that there is not an ambi cut in the mag itself. I have tried to research the follower, baseplate etc. Is this an older G30 mag? Follower is sort of loose from front to rear, and spring is really very easy to depress. It will be several weeks before I can to to the range, but I already do not have much confidence in this mag, and wonder if I should just toss it, or were the older ones that much different? thanks for any help comments.

2. BC Dan

BC Dan

I have an older G30 and got a couple of new mags around Christmas. My older mags are a lot different than the new ones. The follower in the old mag hooks to the spring; the follower in the new mag just sits on the spring. The spring in the old mag is quite a bit shorter but contains the same number of coils. The old mags work fine, though. If the spring is old, don't toss the mag. Just replace the spring.

3. rkguy9

rkguy9

So, if I replace the spring, can/should I replace the follower with a newer version?

4. SCC

SCC Member Me

you can send it to me !!!

5. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

The one G30 mag you have with the 3955 follower is an older variety that uses the older 9-coil spring. The newer version of the G30 mag has a wide-base spring and the 1304 follower (latest is 1304-3). You should not mix the springs or followers between these two versions of the G30 mag.

If you want to replace the spring in the older mag, the 9-coil spring OEM part number is SP02429. Try it first at the range. If you have problems, there is the option of replacing the spring or you can return the mag to Glock and they will most likely replace it with the newest version of the G30 mag (Gen4 dual cut). Even if it functions normally, if you keep the old mag it would be wise to replace the spring since you don't know its history.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  6. scosgt

scosgt

I got my new (April 2009 leftover) G30sf with two of the old mags, but the springs are tight as a drum. If the recoil spring is not almost impossible to load the 10th round, I would suspect something is wrong.