close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30 magazine bottom is too smooth on my pinky. Options?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by WarEagle32, Jun 17, 2012.

1. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

I have a G30sf and I don't really like how smooth the bottom of the 10 round magazine is. I have 9 round mags that I like, but I am hoping there is a solution to this problem on the 10 rounder. Is there anything that I can buy, or have done to them to make them a little rougher. I am just mainly concerned about the front that touches my pinky! Thanks a lot guys!

2. DocWills

DocWills

Convert it to 9 shot with a flat floorplate.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

3. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Pearce plus zero extenstion.

Or you can add a small bit of grip tape or skateboard tape wherever you desire.

4. CypressTrout

CypressTrout

You could stipple it.

5. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

This is what I did on my mine I just did the front of it where my finger touches, I left the sides alone, I had been using some grip tape on it but got tired of it, and just got the sodering iron out and did all my mags, also did my 13 round mag that has XGrip on it made it much better when using it at the range...

6. MNBud

MNBud

I replaced all mine with Pearce +0 extensions. They look and feel better than the Glock entension.
    [​IMG]

7. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

If you get the Pearce extension, it gives you the same overall grip room as the original base does, plus, adds a large lip at the very bottom, of the base, and adds the exact texture, that the finger grooves have, on the G30.

The Scherer base plate extension, gives you greater room, and is not, an exact extension, continuation, of the finger grooves of the G30.

8. DaBurna

DaBurna

I have only 2 mags that have Pearce texturing on them... It feels good, but not so much better that im willing to spend any more $$ on getting more may bottoms for the other 7 G30 mags I've got. I bought those 2 mags used with them already installed. Pearce floorplates are probably better than Scherer IMHO!

9. DaBurna

DaBurna

Check this out.. I might just pick up one of these... If I can find a 9rounder... But he shows the Pearce 10 rounder mag too...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN_ibe17z9E&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Glock 30 concealment magazine options. - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  10. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

The Pearce PG-30 +0 grip extension goes on every 10-rnd G30 mag I own for all the reasons others have highlighted above.

For the OP, the Pearce PG-29 +0 grip extension will fit your 9-rnd G30 mags (see photo below courtesy of GT member Butch). That is the standard mag config carried by my girlfriend.

The top, front edge of the Pearce extension can be rounded off and smoothed with fine-grit sandpaper or an emery board. Some prefer that to the sharp edge. I haven't found it necessary since my pinky finger fits comfortably within the finger groove.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  11. DaBurna

DaBurna

Damn it!!!! Now In have to buy a least 1 9rounder to try this out CCW... Looks cool & adds a little more concealability to the G30SF I own....

12. First Spartan

First Spartan

I carry a 30SF. I just got 2 9 round mag for carry. I have also debated getting the Pearce G29 +0 to try out.

13. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

This is what I would do.

14. scosgt

scosgt

+1
    This is how I carry the G30/36 hybrid. I'll give up the one extra round in exchange for the comfort and concealment.

15. bcj128

bcj128

I really like my 9-rounder with the Pierce +0 extension. (Even though I can only get 8 in it) I can carry it a little easier. May have to buy one more since they stopped making them.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. scosgt

scosgt

Get the mag loader and they go right in.