Glock 30 --kb's?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by joe164, Oct 30, 2005.

1. joe164

joe164 ain't snow fun

I'm ordering a glock 30. people on GT seem to love the 30's,
    what's the scoop on kb's with this .45 ACP?
    any info would really be appreciated
    thanks

2. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

I've never heard of a G30 blowing up.

3. BadLight

BadLight Was that a tree

You can KB them (like any other gun) but you have to abuse them to do so.

If you shoot "new off the shelf" ammo or "standard reloads" from a reputable reloader, you'll be hard pressed to KB a G30. It doesn't feel like a "brick" for no reason at all :) Stay away from anything but jacketed ammo. Lead and Glock's don't mix unless you have an aftermarket barrel specifically designed to shoot lead.

Enjoy your G30, you have purchased one of the finest and most reliable .45 ACP pistols available at the price.

I own both the 30 and 36. I have many rounds through both. Never a FTL, FTF or FTE. It's eaten all ammunition, I've put in it without hesitation. Outstanding and it looks :cool:

4. Curvewrecker

Curvewrecker

+1 BL

I am notorious for my lack of gun maintenance, but my G30 has never let me down. I sold my AR15 because it was picky about being clean. My G30 couldn't care less. I like to shoot guns, not detail strip and clean em.

5. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

You sold your AR? Whatsa matter witchu? I can relate about the cleaning though. The ARs are a little tempermental when they get too dirty. I clean mine after ever use. I do the same with my Glocks too. I just have a thing about keeping my weapons clean. My father always said "take care of what you have and make it last". It has always been good advice for me.:cool:

6. Curvewrecker

Curvewrecker

Don't get me wrong, I take care of my gear, but My bushmaster was WAY too picky for me to trust. The reason I like my G30 is its dependability in extreme conditions, I expect the same from a rifle.

7. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

I hear what your saying. I expect the same.

8. WarEagle

WarEagle Millennium Member

It says volumes about the G30 when it is hard to find a used one. I rarely see one on the classifieds versus the other models and brands being sold.

9. Harlequin

Harlequin I need a weapon

I have never had a failure of any kind caused by my G30. I had one stovepipe but I was shooting one handed left handed so I'm sure it was limpwristing.

10. Sapperstang

Sapperstang Paratrooper

To date I have not had a single issue with my G30. I have used many different types of ammo as well.

11. AKS74U

AKS74U

I wish I could say the same for my G30.I had a maintenence related issue w/my G30.I had a carbon build-up in the firing pin channel and once in a great while I would have a light firing pin strike on the primer.I figured out what the problem was and I haven't had a problem since.

12. ducati

ducati

The G30 has had kbs, use to be thread on this sight about it. That being said I don't believe it has happened with factory ammo. My point here is don't blame a gun because you messed up with your reloads. We had 3 HKs full size USP go kaboom on our range on the same day, all were using the same reman ammo. I don't look any less at the HKs, but I would never purchase ammo from that company. The company is in Michigan.

13. NailShooter

NailShooter

So are you gonna tell us what brand of ammo or not?;f

I probably would have stopped shooting after the first KB--esp w/ reman ammo. Did the company buy new HK's?¿

NS

14. Curvewrecker

Curvewrecker

"It says volumes about the G30 when it is hard to find a used one. I rarely see one on the classifieds versus the other models and brands being sold."

I bought mine used six years ago, and since then I hadn't seen another used one for sale locally...until today, that is.
    Local shop has a used G30 in good shape, box and 2 mags, they want $450 for it, firm. I guess I'd rather pay an extra 50 and get one NIB, but thats just me. I've been looking for a good price ($400 or less) on a used one for awhile now, and you are right, I rarely see a used one for sale at all. That has to mean something.

15. ducati

ducati

If you live in Michigan ask several leo agencies they use this brand of ammo for their practice.
    Somebody replaced the HKs, these were police issue firearms..

16. Bruce Foreman

Bruce Foreman Millennium Member

Stupidly sold my first G30 several years ago and regretted if often. Then last month I found a used one in a shop in San Antonio for $439 with 2 mags.

It had some visible holster wear and the night sights were almost dead so I figure the owner traded it in because of useless night sights.

I shot it for a week to satisfy myself it was reliable and accurate, then had new night sights put on it.

Ran into the guy who bought my first one last night at the range. Walked up to him and said "NO! YOU CAN'T HAVE THIS ONE!" We had a laugh over it and he told me he still has the one he "badgered" me out of.

Bruce Foreman
    Defensive Handgun Instructor

17. Bogey

Bogey The Mouth® CLM

I've had my 30 for just a little over a year now. Maybe have 5000 rounds throught it. NEVER once had any kind of trouble with it. It's my primary carry gun. (98%)

Have been using my 21 in IDPA for the past 7 months, and as soon as I get my reloads fine tuned with the 30, I'll be shooting it instead. Sometimes I think I shoot my 30 better than the 21.