Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here carry a g30 iwb? Any issues with concealment or comfort? I know it also depends on body type and holster choice, but Im just looking for a few opinions.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I carry A G-30SF in Cross Breed Supertuck, or A RM lowrider. And I just bought A silent thunde from A member here.
The 30 is thick and it does take gittiing used to. I would first recomend A good belt to start with, (that will make A big difference) in carry for the 30.
All the above conceal good enough under A t-shirt. I do use A 9 rnd mag though.
Im 5'7" and around 210 if that helps. Good Luck

·
straight shootr
130 Posts
I carry a G30 in an MTAC with a standard non-gun belt. At 4-5 o'clock is conceals fine under a polo shirt and I can sit in my car with it comfortably. That said, a G36 would be much easier to conceal, but I'm ok with what I've got.

I plan on getting the kydex body for my 1911 on the MTAC so I can try it out, too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Two holsters for my G30. Bagmaster CNG IWB, and the Glock Sport Combat OWB holster. BOTH are comfortable and functional...:wavey:

·
Registered
9,054 Posts
I could never get used to the thickness of the 30 IWB. Like carrying a 2x4. I can tote a full size 1911 with much more comfort.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Carried my 30SF in a Supertuck for a month - hoping I'd get used to it. Never could. Far too big.

I have a Kimber CDP Pro II on order that I hope will work. In the meantime am carrying my old trusty G26 on my ankle.

·
Premium Member
22,822 Posts
I've been carrying the G30 regularly lately. It is noticable bulkier than my HK USPc or G27. I use a Mitch Rosen belt. I have two different IWB holsters. A Comp-Tac Infidel and Garrity Inconspicuous. The first is kydex, faster on the draw and easier reholstering. The second is leather and is much more comfortable.

·
12,970 Posts
G30 in a Comp-Tac Gurkha, then C-Tac for five years comfortably.

Good belt mandatory.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I carried the G-30 several times in a Crossbreed IWB holster. When you have lighter weight, thinner carry guns, it makes it difficult to choose the 30. So, I put a Crimson Trace laser on it and remanded it to nightstand duty.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I carry mine in an IWB made by aholster.com. Great holster, very comfortable and fits perfectly on my hip. I carry about 4 or 5 oclock on my right hip and hardly know its there.

I also carry a Ruger SP101 and switch back and forth between the two. I carry the SP101 in a Mika's IWB. He is a retired LAPD cop who makes holsters on the side. http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/waist.htm

The G30 fully loaded is 2 ounces heavier than the SP101, but both are outstanding IWB holsters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts