close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30 issue

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by samherbert, Jun 14, 2012.

1. samherbert

samherbert

Took my new Gen3 Glock 30 out to the range today and immediately starting having problems. It is randomly failing to completely return to battery when firing. I'm having to bump it forward to keep firing. This happens intermittently but always occurs at least once per magazine, sometimes twice.
    This gun was broken down and thoroughly cleaned and lubed before taking to the range. I fired about 200 rounds through it total and the issue did not improve over time with some break-in.
    I know this was reported with the SF model but I can't find much information on the 30 with this issue. Has anyone seen this with the model 30 and can give me some insight as to what I need to look for in order to resolve this?
    I tried 3 different types of ammunition to rule that out. WWB, Federal HST, and Remington GS. Also tried 3 different magazines and issue occurred with all 3.

2. scosgt

scosgt

Google is your friend. A bit off the tip of the trigger bar where it hits the FPS and polish, a little polish of the FPS, and stone down and polish the mark on the side of the trigger bar next to the slide and all your problems will disappear.
    The mating surfaces are creating some friction. What I said above will cure that. Probably enough shooting would cure it as well.
    However, the tip does need to be dressed down a tiny bit, because you can see where it drags on the slide forward of the FPS. That is probably the biggest single issue. A bit off the tip, polish with a Dremel and red or white rouge, polish (do not cut) the top and sides of the FPS, all is cured. The mark on the side of the trigger bar possibly does not hurt anything, but I stoned it down and polished. Next range session (with no issues) there was anther groove, so I took that down and polished it out again. That's it, no more extra marks anyplace, gun works 100%.
    Don't depend on Glock for this, just Google "Glock 30 FTRTB" and you will get lots of hits with pictures and instructions. You don't even need to detail strip the frame (do need to detail strip the slide, it is way easy) and in 30 minutes your gun will be perfect.

3. scosgt

scosgt

I used 220 sandpaper - just a few strokes - on that tip. You don't want to change the shape or take much off at all. Just a few strokes and a good polish and that will be good to go.

4. Bruce M

Bruce M

I think I heard or read somewhere once that using a Dremel has once or twice caused a problem with too much material taken off in some home gunsmithing attempts. But that might just be urban folklore...:whistling:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  5. Rustin

Rustin

Wow. How dedicated (brainwashed) to (by) the Glock platform (ad campaign) can you be to just deal with a problem like that? That's certainly not perfection, and not acceptable at all.

Is it a 30sf?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  6. scosgt

scosgt

Hell yes, I've done it myself. But in this case, the only risk is to the trigger bar, and it is cheap and easy to replace.

7. scosgt

scosgt

And I keep telling you:

I AM BRUCE M

8. scosgt

scosgt

That is far from the point. All machines can and will break. Every manufacturer has some problem machines come off the line. I prefer to fix the problem myself, when the cure is both known and easy, than to ship the gun back to Glock. Especially here in New York where I would have to go through a dealer, since a lost gun creates a world of problems. So there would be a big expense sending it back to Glock, to be avoided at all costs.