Glock Talk banner

Glock 30 Gen3 slide on Gen4 frame: Possible?

938 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  CKtCATM
I've searched this forum and the rest of the interwebz. I can't seem to find anyone who has tried. Will a Glock 30 Gen3 slide assembly work on a Gen4 frame? I love my G30, but it is a Gen3. I like the Gen4 frames/grips better. My G21 Gen4 is like a jelly doughnut for my trigger finger.

Thoughts? Has anyone tried it?

I just know I can't get my money's worth for my G30 if I sold it. Plus, I'd have to take my TFOs, trigger, and connector out to put them in the new one. The trigger and connector are easy, the sights are a pain in the butt!

Thanks in advance!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,536 Posts
Not sure I understand the objective in doing this. Are you asking if you can put the G30 slide on the frame of your G4 G21? What do you gain by this conversion. The butt of any pistol is the hard part to conceal so it would be a poor choice for concealed carry, unless you are now CCing the G21. In that case all you would get is a little less weight and reduced performance from the shorter barrel.

Sorry but I still don't get it. Of course you are free to do with your firearms what you want. I can't tell you if it will work because trying that never occurred to me.

Dave

· Registered
131,436 Posts
I've searched this forum and the rest of the interwebz. I can't seem to find anyone who has tried. Will a Glock 30 Gen3 slide assembly work on a Gen4 frame? I love my G30, but it is a Gen3. I like the Gen4 frames/grips better. My G21 Gen4 is like a jelly doughnut for my trigger finger.

Thoughts? Has anyone tried it?

I just know I can't get my money's worth for my G30 if I sold it. Plus, I'd have to take my TFOs, trigger, and connector out to put them in the new one. The trigger and connector are easy, the sights are a pain in the butt!

Thanks in advance!
I would just sell it and pick up a Gen 4 instead of doing something like that.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure I understand the objective in doing this. Are you asking if you can put the G30 slide on the frame of your G4 G21? What do you gain by this conversion. The butt of any pistol is the hard part to conceal so it would be a poor choice for concealed carry, unless you are now CCing the G21. In that case all you would get is a little less weight and reduced performance from the shorter barrel.

Sorry but I still don't get it. Of course you are free to do with your firearms what you want. I can't tell you if it will work because trying that never occurred to me.

Dave
No, I'd like to put my Gen3 G30 slide on a Gen4 G30 frame.

· Transform & Win
3,351 Posts
No, I'd like to put my Gen3 G30 slide on a Gen4 G30 frame.
I'd say the probability of success is 99.9% I haven't personally tried it, but I'm very comfortable with the answer I gave you.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same slide. No point unless you're going to buy a Gen 4 frame only. Sights are easy to change out.
That was the plan: buy a Gen4 frame to put my slide on. $225 for a frame is actually a better deal than trading in my G30 on a new Gen4. That's even before the cost of new sights or buying a sight pusher to remove my sights to put on the new slide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.