close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30 G30 9 and 10 round mags?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by scrapyd, Apr 16, 2004.

1. scrapyd

scrapyd Bike Patrol

Ok what are the benifites to having a 9 round to the 10 round, Help me out here?

2. Harlequin

Harlequin I need a weapon

9 round = lower profile by a bit which may help conceal the gun.

10 round = equals one more shot and a place to rest your pinky if needed.

I personally shoot better with all three fingers on the gun, so I have Pearce extensions on all my mags.

3. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Slightly better concealment. Never used the 9-rounders myself.

4. T. Harless

T. Harless

I bought a 9rd for giggles. It is lower profile but, you can call me a wuss, 45 is too much for me with just two fingers on the grip. The first shot is fine but I can't follow up for crap.

I'm with Harlequin, all the rest are 10 rds with extensions. Then you're back to 19 or 23 size. Conceals just fine.

5. brownie

brownie QuickKill Instr

Either or for me is fine. I keep several of each at the ready.

Preference? not really, but if I'm going to carry a double stack for the extra ammo, 10+1 seems better than 9+1when you have the choice.

Brownie

6. BUCKMARK

BUCKMARK

I have 4- 10 rounders and like the way they feel, but I dont care for the way they look in the gun, or the extra "print" it shows under a t shirt.

So I bought 4 of the 9 round mags, and added a G29 extender to one of them. The extender looks much better in the gun, and I shoot it fine as well.

The standard 9 round magazines are my favorite. I shoot with my little finger under the mag bottom, and shoot just as well as I do with the 10 rounders. It looks good in the gun, and makes it easier to hide under a T-shirt. IMHO the G30 should come with 9 rounders factory.

oh... and I'm 6'1" and only 175 lbs... I have NO PROBLEMS hanging on to the dawg with 9 rounders. I guess ya just gotta be meaner than the dawg.

7. Errick

Errick NRA Patron

I personally shoot better with all three fingers on the gun, so I have Pearce extensions on all my mags.

Complete agreement with Harlequin...Pearce pinky rest on all my mags.

Printing is my last worry, gun control, shot placement, and that extra round or two takes the worry out of being close.

:cool:

8. scrapyd

scrapyd Bike Patrol

So what about Scherer Mag Extension, i bought 2 scherer for my 10 rounders and i got a pierce for my 9 rounder. SO whats up with the dif nothing but the price right?

9. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

I carry my G30 daily with a 9-rd. mag, without an extension. Conceals much better than 10-rd. mags. (and is more comfortable)

10. Errick

Errick NRA Patron

I believe the Scherer is a little bigger than the Pierce, and in my opinion does not look or feel as good. I think Glockmister.com has a side by side photo.

:cool:

11. sensei

sensei Deceased

I'm in total agreement. I shoot just as well with either one.

sensei

12. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

i bought a pierce pinky lip plate for my 10 rounder, then put the 10 rounder stock plate on my 9 rounder so i have a little more room for my pinky.....

thinking about just getting rid of the 9 rounder and getting a 10 rounder....i dont have a problem with concealmet regarding the grip length.

13. quiksilver9292

quiksilver9292

bought two +2 extensions before adding them to your own mag was illegal...just a little longer, eh...

don't buy them...they are the most uncofortable piece of crap i have ever had...the other "illegal" rounds were not worth the uncomfort...;l

14. S. Kelly

S. Kelly

I fired my new (used-new to me) GLOCK 30 for the first time today after a bi-annual qualification with my G23. I just had a 9 round mag and 10 round mag with me. I fired the gun with the 9 round mag better, or so it felt. All 20 rounds went into the 10 ring at 10 yards. I can't believe how good the thing shoots. It's incredible!

15. Sean VHA #60013

Sean VHA #60013 Handgun Hunter

I keep a 9 round mag with Pierce 29 grip extention on it, and it is pretty much the same hight as my Glock 26, and fels great! I kep a 10 rounder with Pierce grip extension somewhere on my person for a reload.

Shoot Hornady 230grn +P XTP's, and have no problems at all. Practice with CCI Blazer 230grn FMJ aluminum case stuff, which performs quite well out of my 30 & 36.

16. Glock Guru

Glock Guru FIREARMS DEALER

Nine rounder for every day carry, 15 round for around the home. Can't have to much firepower. :)

-Troy