close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30...Carry Question....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SMSTRICK, Dec 7, 2003.

1. SMSTRICK

SMSTRICK "WE THE PEOPLE"

I love my G30....I love the reliability of it and am now starting to carry it as much or more than my Kimber Ultra Ten II. I am having a little trouble betting used to the wide slide as it compairs to the Kimber.
    I generally carry in a 2 o'clock position. I am thinking about going with a Galco strait drop Yaqui for my Glock as I have one for my Kimber.......Now!.....How do you carry your Glock 30?....I know that this thread qualifies for the "Carry Issue" board, but since I belong to this one, I thought that I would put it out where I can get some real feedback.....Thank you.....

2. j_ratliffe

j_ratliffe

just about on my right hip maybe a little past. i can't even tell it's there. i can't feel any difference between the G30 and my G23.

3. rage

rage

G30 is my main carry. I've invested;P in a number of holsters over the years in search of comfort and concealability. I usually carry with a Galco USA298...4:00 deep cover. It's a brick on my butt, but better than the rest(Sidearmor, Fobus, VMII, Galco SOB). Recently I have been using an Uncle Mike's cheapo Sidekick for a G26, ripping and restitching the muzzle end...very comfortable, good retention, almost as deep as the Galco.

4. G30Trooper

G30Trooper

Hi.
    I carry the G30 everyday @ 4:30-5:00. I am using a CTAC from Comp-Tac. The thing that has helped the most was to get a quality belt. I have to reach back and check that it is there sometimes.

5. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

Sparks Versa Max 2 IWB about 3:30-4:00. The VM2 works well for wider guns because it's belt loops aren't stacked on top of the gun but instead are fore and aft creating a slimmer rig while at the same time creating a solid platform.

6. burkian

burkian

Does anybody carry a thirty in a sholder rig?

7. whiskey_moodz

whiskey_moodz

I carry my 30 in a Gould & Goodrich Shoulder Holster Rig.. Had it for about a month. LOve it for the winter months.

Whiskey Moodz

8. EVO

EVO

I have a butt-load of holsters for each of my guns but regardless of which handgun I choose, when I carry it concealed, I always carry in a paddle holster. I bought a Kramer "MSP" paddle-type holster shortly after I purchased my Glock model 30. That's all I use when carrying the 30.

9. allhowl

allhowl

My favorite for my G30 is the UCR at about 4:00 position. I also have a bunch of holsters for mine but weat the UCRevery chance I get. Just love it!

10. SnooseGoose

SnooseGoose DIAF

I carry my 30 at 4:00 in a Sidearmor IWB with the j-hook attachment. I really like this setup as it is comfortable and easy to attach/remove when needed.

SG.

11. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Mine lives in a Comp-Tac Gurkha at about 3:30 to 4:00 on a Wilderness Instructor 5-stitch belt or a Wild Bil's Concealment leather belt.

12. jeremy54b

jeremy54b Merely Here...

At about 4 O'clock with a Tactical Tools OWB Kydex belt holster. Spare offset at about 9 with a Tactical Tools mag holder.

www.tacticaltools.com

It's a local outfit here in Spokane, but they make some really great rigs!

13. KellyRowe

KellyRowe

I'm a bit of a dough-belly. Okay, a full-fledged hogass... but I find my G30 is fairly comfortable at 2:00 o'clock in a Fist thin kydex shirt-tucker. That's about the flattest part of my gut and I can reach there pretty easily. :)

14. navydoc

navydoc Millennium Member

Here's another "me too."
    I carry my 30 in a Don Hume JIT on a Hume 1 1/4" trouser belt. The JIT is between the 2nd and 3rd belt loop on the right side of Dockers khaki pants. About 3:30. As mentioned above, I have to check every now and then to make sure it is there. Very comfortable.
    navydoc
    ;)

15. FLGlock30

FLGlock30

I carry my 30 at about 4:30 in a Fist ultrathin #1K and like those who posted b4 me i too..;Phave to check sometimes to see if shes there. just makes you more comfortable to know she is.
    take care and keep shootin;I

16. groverglock

groverglock Guns & Hoses

The G30 is thick. I have found the upper from my G36 fits and functions on the G30 frame. The best of both worlds, the thin slide of a 36 and the magazine capacity of the 30. The holster needed is the G36 holster if using this combination.

17. tommyc

tommyc

G30 in a Sidearmor IWB at 3:30 - 4:00

18. GlockBlocker

GlockBlocker Texas Aggie

Would it be possible to see a picture or two of your GLOCK 30 in your Sidearmor holster with J-hooks? I'm curious to see what the J-hooks look like. Thanks! :)

19. GlockBlocker

GlockBlocker Texas Aggie

Are you serious???

20. AWMP

AWMP

g30 in 4'oclock position in sidearmor holster with good thick leather belt. Get a great holster and a cheap belt, you should just throw them all the way, a good belt makes all the difference, I carry mine 12 hours a day with no problems