close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30 Broke

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Greg W, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Greg W

Greg W

Well to my surprise my beloved G30 had to be sent back to Glock for a second time in the warranty period. Last weekend after shooting I went to clean her. I went through all the motions and when I got to the part of pulling the trigger the slide flew off. Apparently I somehow left my slidelock at the range without knowing it.

Glock wanted to know if I had installed my slidelock backwards. I told them I had never had it OUT! I told them that I wanted them to fix it right this time. I wonder if I should have asked for a new gun. The first failure was a mysterious broken recoil spring. We'll see.

Greg
    Big Dawg # 1088

2. Sentry

Sentry Senior Member

Sounds just like two bad springs in a freak incident. No new gun needed and I bet they'll probably replace everything as preventative maintenance. If anything breaks again, don't send it in and have you send the parts; don't want to waste shipping money.

3. fastbolt

fastbolt

Springs can be bad sometimes ... it happens.

None of the manufacturers can control the QC of the various vendors they use for their springs. Even random testing to check for specification compliance after receiving a shipment may fail to identify a problem until units have already been installed and left the factory in a weapon.

Having spares on hand of the easy to replace springs is an excellent idea ... and periodic replacement as a preventive maintenance practice isn't a bad thing, either ...

4. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Greg W, even if you had purchased the part that had obviously broken, it would have cost you $1, some shipping & about 5-10 seconds to fix.......

5. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

FWIW, I have broken the slidelock spring on my G30 about a half-dosen times. You're better off buying a bunch of slidlock springs and levers and having a local Glock Armorer (or yourself) put it in when it happens. That way it's cheaper than shipping and you are not without your gun for very long.

Good Luck!!

6. Greg W

Greg W

Let me clarify this. I am not meaning the release on the side of the pistol. I am meaning the 2 latches that you must pull down to remove the slide during field stripping. Somehow I left mine at the range. The gun continued to function without this part. This was unknown to me until take down for cleaning when the slide was launched off of my frame and across the table. I looked down at the frame and saw the whole piece gone. I hope this is clearer now.

Glock is checking to see if my frame is slightly out of spec. If so they will give me a new gun.

Greg