Glock 30 -- anybody like these?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Bill Hurley, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Bluescot

Bluescot

Mine is a gen 3 and came with a barrel that would lead up tremendously with my reloads so I swapped out the barrel for a KKM and that proved to be a wise choice. I added Tru Glo sites and some springs and connector to get it where I wanted it plus my own grip decal.

It is a favorite shooter of mine and is more accurate that I even thought it could be. It would get carried more if there were less shooters in the safe waiting for their turn. I wouldn't be without a G30.

Fortunate Son and buster55 like this.
  2. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

The biggest difference between the G30SF and the G30s is the width of the slide and when you comp0are them side by side the difference is obvious.

However, when comparing the standard G30 frame to the SF frame, the difference is not so visually obvious but the difference in the way each gun feels in your hand is YUGE. A slight decrease in trigger reach can make all the difference in the world for many people and while ity's easy to adjust for too short of a trigger reach, it's impossible to adjust to too long of a trigger reach.

What the G30s does is combine the best of all worlds in terms of concealment and matches up the SF frame with the narrower slide.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020

3. Keevin

Keevin

I've had the 30SF for several years and have several thousand rounds through it at this point. Possibly the more accurate of my G-17 & G-19s. Great gun but as someone said pretty blocky for CCW, but definitely doable , especially if you're a big guy (6'3" / 230).

Ironically I had it at the range today, and experienced a blown out case (at the base). Quite the surprise! The blast blew apart the magazine, broke the mag release, and blew one-half (L & R) of the trigger off the gun. Otherwise the gun looks OK, although I need to disassemble and inspect it closely. I'm giving the Glock high marks today, especially since I still have all my fingers.

My thought is the cause is one of two that you are already thinking about IMG_4165.jpg IMG_4163.jpg . It was not a squib, which was my first thought, because I clearly remember seeing the previous bullet on the target, and the bore was clear afterwards. That leaves an over loaded round or bad brass. I'm awfully anal about checking powder levels (yes, this was my own reload). Still, I can't absolutely rule it out. The brass was a CBC headstamp, and other than tight primer holes I haven't faulted these in the past. Again ironically, I have just sorted my loaded ammo to separate all the "off brand" brass to shoot and not recover (CBC, CCCP, Aquila, S&B, etc.). This was the lot of ammo I was shooting today. Not saying that this is bad brass, but I generally don't have a lot of it and I have been getting a lot of tight primers with much of this brass so I though I would just shoot it up and get rid of it.

Glasses saved my eyes, and I only got a couple of nicks in the face, and small cuts on my R thumb and R index finger, along with blood blisters on my finger and thumb, (I think from the blast coming through the gap between slide and the lower receiver). I'll try to post a couple of pics.

Edit: BY THE WAY does anyone know how to disassemble the Glock when the trigger in inoperative and the striker won't fall. (Working on Google now.). Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  4. raymond-

raymond- Millennium Member

I agree. But when it is that accurate and the ergonomics fits my shooting style so well, I'll just have to live with it until I can sample a 30s some day and hope that works. In the meantime, it's the G30 for my every day carry.

buster55 likes this.
  5. jferrante

jferrante

Love mine...anyone have a 10mm barrel for the conversion? Looks like stormlake is discontinued[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6. nautoncall

nautoncall

I have a G3 30 and I now have a 29 slide on it. I like it better than my 29.4.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk

7. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

Me too. Even the G30s. I actually think the G27 in 40 caliber is a better choice for concealed carry.

Comparing the G27 with the G30, similar ballistics, more compact gun. As far as I'm concerned the only ballistic edge the 45 has over the 40 is with the 230 grain Plus +P loads. Comparing 40 caliber 180 grain loads to 45 caliber 185 grain loads, it's a toss-up, and it doesn't get much better than the Federal 180 grain HST in the 40.

8. bigsteve113

bigsteve113

I have a G30 Gen 4 and a G30S. I love them both and carry the G30S on duty and off duty sometimes. It’s also evolving into my woods-bumming gun.

Although I carry the G30S much more, if I could only keep one, it would likely be the G30 Gen 4. because I shoot it very slightly better, and I could convert it to 10mm if I chose. But that 30S does carry much better.

El Pistolero likes this.
  9. raymond-

raymond- Millennium Member

I understand the rationale identified by some who prefer 10mm or hot 9 etc.
    I prefer the less sensitive loads and lower pressures of the 45 acp. I did
    find someone who wanted to unload ther 400 corbon reloading gear so I
    grabbed that and have been satisfied. I'm not one to chase the ballistics
    numbers and just happy for reliable, reloadable and consistent accuracy
    with the stuff I have. If I can hit the target under varying conditions,
    I leave it be.

bigsteve113 likes this.
  10. glide

glide Just sayin'

Had my Glock 30G3 (not S or SF) for over a dozen years now. Sold (regretfully) a couple Sig Sauer P220 pistols and got the Glock 30G3. But fortunately the Glock 30G3 has been very good for me and I've put almost as many rounds through it as with my favorite semi auto pistol, my Glock 19G3. The Glock 30 is very accurate and uses the highly respectable .45acp round. Here is a video that always gets me smiling:

View: https://youtu.be/dvjE5fLukas

Enjoy and be safe.

SWFlGuy and jeepdawg like this.
  11. jeepdawg

jeepdawg

Now y'all have me wondering. My G30 has the finger grippy ridges like a Gen3 but no rail. Does that mean it's gen2? or something in btwn 2 and 3?
    Serial is EVP###

12. jeepdawg

jeepdawg

He was happy to hit 100 subscribers and now he has almost a quarter million! I wonder if having that many subscribers pays for much ammo. I guess it pays for Hickock45 with 5 mill.

13. alien1

alien1

I have the same gun. I think they are gen 2.5’s. One of the most accurate Glock’s I own.

14. Toocool45

Toocool45

Jeepdowg, your g30 sounds like its a gen 2.5, but show pictures to make sure. If its a EVP*** serial number gun it could be covered for the (E series) recall. Call glock and have them check the serial number. Some E frame serial numbers were made incorrectly. Glock had a cnc machine rebuilt. It was making some frames out of spec. Its a free frame replacement.

15. Maxx702

Maxx702 Rottweilers making America great again!

I have had my Gen3 G30 for about 14 years now. Still love it.

16. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

The post linked below doesn't have pictures, but it has other useful information on the dimensions, performance, and caliber conversion options comparing the G30S and G30SF.

The New Glock 30S - Pros and Cons

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  17. Rocks

Rocks

I want one so I like it.
    Buyers on GunBroker love it as they are paying in the $600's and even over $700 and in the $500's for used ones.

18. Stillhuntn

Stillhuntn

I have been carrying one since end of 2011. With a crossbreed supertuck deluxe holster and crossbreed belt it carries so well I almost forget it is there.

Jan R Whitaker likes this.
  19. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

Meet the "twins" (they are actually #5 & #6 (don't ask :) ) out of the six I have had over the years.

20161219_154133.jpg

Fortunate Son likes this.
  20. SWFlGuy

SWFlGuy Lifetime NRA member

CF799D4E-A5FD-4484-A249-EEBD179D7E2C.jpeg

It is my favorite edc Glock and it’s a keeper.