Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang,

I reload for .45ACP in 1911's and am interested to know if the G30 chamber dimensions bulge brass like .40 SW G27 does with alacrity.

Do most of you reloaders out there stick to FMJ bullets and get good case life out of rounds expended through your G30's?

Best,

Grinch

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I handload jacketed bullets for my G30's and haven't noticed any problems. Typically, I load 185 grain JHP's because this bullet weight gives good accuracy in both my G30's and use TightGroup powder, mixed cases, and Federal Small Pistol Primers. Case life isn't any different than it is for my 1911's.

YMMV

·
20,424 Posts
Small pistol primers;d

·
20,424 Posts
;f

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Originally posted by TheGrinch
Hey Gang,

I reload for .45ACP in 1911's and am interested to know if the G30 chamber dimensions bulge brass like .40 SW G27 does with alacrity.

Do most of you reloaders out there stick to FMJ bullets and get good case life out of rounds expended through your G30's?

Best,

Grinch
I have a Glock 36, and I am assuming that the chamber is cut to similar dimensions as the Glock 30...

So far, the brass casings from the cartridges I fired through my Glock 36 do not show any unusual bulging at that 6 o'clock position.

The .45 ACP is a low pressure cartridge, and if you stick to the lower end of the powder charge, there really isn't any real unusual bulging.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts