close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30 and mag changes

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bigdawg916, Jan 19, 2003.

1. bigdawg916

bigdawg916

I just shot my first comp using the G30. Is it just me or do others have problems with dropping an empty glock mag. No matter how hard I push the mag release I almost always have to pull the mag out. I wonder if you poured a little lead in the base plate to give added weight if that would help. Any suggestions will surely be appreciated.;g

2. pokey074

pokey074 The F.O. Man

i think i have one 10 round mag that doesn't quite drop free. seems to me i've read about using Armor All on your mags? isn't one of Murphey's Laws:

drop free mags don't?

3. MCM8691

MCM8691

I've got a half dozen mags for my G29, and I found a few to be a little sticky when attempting to release them when empty. I found that the top front edge of the mag (area where the tip of the bullet is in a loaded mag) the plastic was starting to bend outwards, and this would drag on front portion of the magwell when loading/ejecting. The ones that would drop free didn't have this condition. With some careful heating of the affected area, I was able to bend this "lip" back, and my mags are drop free once again.:)

4. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

I use Armor All on all my mags and in the mag well of my Glock 30. This usually does the job. Plus I also kinda "shake" the empty mags out of the gun while I reach for the fjull one with my weak hand. SOme people traing themselves to manually strip the empty mags out before they reach for the reload.

Good luck!!

5. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Lemon Pledge works, too.

6. Uriel

Uriel

Yes lemon pledge does work, and so will WD40, but i recomend neither. Go down to your local hobby store and pick up some brass flat stock, and cut out a piece to fit ontop of your mags floor plates. This little bit of extra weight will help non FML mags fall free. It also wont carode as fast as steel and is easier to work with. This may not work well on specialy shaped spring retainer floor plates on decreased capacity mags, but will work fine on all pre-ban mags.

Love my 30!