Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a FFL Gun dealer in VT and I love all my Glock Pistols. Can someone tell me how well Glock 30's and Glock 33's stand up to high volumes of shooting. I have been asked this question by a guy who wants to buy a G30 and G33. His concern is if the frame will stand up to lots and lots of rounds. I just sold him 2000 rounds of .357 Sig Ammo and 3500 rounds of .45 acp. He wants to shoot all of that plus order more ammo. He now owns Sigs but likes what he hears about Glocks. Are there issues with these 2 models after many rounds??

·
Stiffy
7,711 Posts
I am a FFL Gun dealer in VT and I love all my Glock Pistols. Can someone tell me how well Glock 30's and Glock 33's stand up to high volumes of shooting. I have been asked this question by a guy who wants to buy a G30 and G33. His concern is if the frame will stand up to lots and lots of rounds. I just sold him 2000 rounds of .357 Sig Ammo and 3500 rounds of .45 acp. He wants to shoot all of that plus order more ammo. He now owns Sigs but likes what he hears about Glocks. Are there issues with these 2 models after many rounds??
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.........I wish i could afford to buy ammo like that !!!!!!!!! :faint::faint::faint:

·
20,408 Posts
They will handle more ammo than his wallet and hands can stand. If he can wear one out, Glock will replace it.

·
Banned
6,920 Posts

·
Registered
29,244 Posts
Well, if your customer can afford to continue buying & shooting ammunition in those amounts you'll be able to give us an answer in a while. ;)

·
Infidel Artist
529 Posts
There's another thread on GT where the lifespan of a Glock is discussed. The general consensus from the braintrust is that, with minimal care, the pistol will outlast the shooter. Some of them were reporting in excess of 100,000 rounds with no problems other than natural wear of replaceable parts.

One member posted that .357sig and .40sw seem to be slightly harder on the pistols than other calibers.

·
Dirtbag Airman
5,229 Posts
Hell if he can afford this much ammo, I'm sure he can afford a new Glock, if he wears it out.

--Chuck

·
Shellback
5,833 Posts
WOW, an actual FFL dealer that wants to learn.... Normally, an FFL response to a customer would be;

"No, A Glock can't shoot that much with the plastic frame, it would melt....you need to buy this very nice Hi-Point that I have right over here...."

Anyway.... Does he want to shoot that all in one day or over periods of time? and does he have a skull tattooed on the side of his bald head?

·
Registered
258 Posts

Damn, His he a congressman going duck hunting?

You could take over canada with that much ammo. And mexico with half that.

Hold up!

What do you charge for 500rds of 45gap????

Rem UMC 230grain or other decent brand?

Either this guy was rich or your moving ammo at some cheap prices.

You beat Ammoman.com on bulk price and don't dick around customer service......... you'll be in for a hell of a good future around here.

Double HOLD UP with an EDIT!!

Shot me a PM on the price of a G26. Beat Academy sporting goods @$499 and your the man!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do have a Glock 22 for sale on Gunbroker right now with 3 Hi Cap mags. $489.00 shipped to your FFL dealer. Gun is 100% as you will read. Auction # is 103474452. It is a buy it now so the it may sell fast.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some of the ammo I have gotten for my customer who shoots a ton has been from Ammoman.com. There is certain ammo that my distributor runs out of or has a higher price then Ammoman.com. I myself at times get ammo from Ammoman.com even though I am a FFL dealer. The problem with ammo is the shipping expense. I am a dealer in a back woods area of VT and I wait till I get enough orders to make a trip worth it before driving to pick up guns and ammo from my distributor. For example, my distributor charges $32.00 to ship a handgun from CT to VT and ammo is even more expensive to ship due to the danger they feel ammo causes. I sell a lot of guns on Gunbroker.com and I only charge $20.00 for hand guns and some guns I include the shipping in the BUY IT NOW PRICE. I dont sell ammo on gunbroker.com because of the weight and hassle of shipping. After all is said and done Ammoman.com is a better deal in most cases so I dont even try to compete because the price is nearly the same after all is said and done. Highcapglock is also my sellers name on gunbroker.com

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have 800 rounds through the 33, but 500 of them were in one session.

(Can't shoot as much as the good costomer)

·
Molon Labe
2,605 Posts
I just want this guy's once fired brass :supergrin:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts