close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GLOCK 30 and 21

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jmy, Apr 13, 2003.

1. jmy

jmy Still Alive Lifetime Member

I already have a GLOCK 30 and I am thinking of getting a GLOCK 21.What advantages shall I get with the GLOCK 21 as compared to the 30?Would it be worth getting the GLOCK 21 if I already have a 30?Do their grips feel the same in the hands?
    THANKS.

jmy

2. DonD

DonD

I have a 21 and really like it. You gain a little in power with an .8" longer barrel, longer sight radius, and a larger grip. Whether this is worth it to you, I can't say. Not flaming the G30 by any means here, its a good piece. Don;)

3. .45greg

.45greg

If I were you I would propably just stick with the 30 you still get good ballastic and there won't be all that much improvement over the 30.

but if you shoot the 21 better than get it.

4. okla-lawman

okla-lawman

I have a 21c and a 30. The 21c is alot more fun to shoot a bunch. At 25 yards I shoot the 21c a little better. The 21c recoils a lot less.
    The other day shot 300rounds 230 fmj throughthe 21c with no complaint. After about 80-85 with the 30 it got my attention. I carry the 30 off duty. At 15 yards I can rapid fire 10 rounds in the
    9 to 10 ring, thats good enough.

5. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

I own two G21's and a G30. I carry the G30 daily, but find myself shooting the G21's a lot more. If I could have only one Glock, it'd probably be a G21.

6. dengel

dengel Deceased

One of the main reasons for getting a 21 would be the longer grip, and the slightly longer barrel and sight radius. I currently have a G30 in which I use G 21 (with an A+G grip extender) so that I have all the benefits of the 21 with the flexibility to use smaller mags when I need to. The 30 is an amazing firearm - powerful, accurate, and pretty ergonomic. IMHO, the only advantage of a 21 over a 30 is the .8" of barrel length which can give you maybe 100fps in bullet velocity. Personally, stick with the 30 !

7. Polo

Polo Brave Babushka Millennium Member

It is more like 40-50 fps difference.

8. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

You'll LOVE the 21. Slightly softer recoil, slightly better ballistics, longer sight radius, shallower feed ramp angle.From every thing I've read and experienced an seen happen, the 21 is the most out of the box reliable and accurate .45 pistol in the world for under $600. The 30 and 36 are great pistols, but the 21 will eat any ammo any bullet shape or power level. Mine has about 950 rounds in the berm without a lick of trouble. I put a 3 1/2 lb connector in it, and I'm looking for better sights. Two days ago from the bench rest it shot a 2 inch group (25 yards-8 shots winclean 230 sp-flat point) no exageration, rested the dust cover on a rifle rest. Winclean should be tried by everyone. P.S. I am no Massad Ayoob but my 21 helps me feel like it.

9. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

As an owner of both I'll take a shot at this.

Advantages of 21 over 30
    • Tactical rail
    • longer sight radius
    • 13 round mags fit wholly within the handle

The grip feels different because the hump on the backstrap of the G30 is higher than that of the G21. Although the longer sight radius should give the G21 an accuracy advantage it doesn't seem to make a difference for me. The main reason I bought the G21 is for the tactical rail so that I can mount a light on my nightstand gun.

What would you be using the G21 for? If it will primarily be a range gun I'd highly recommend keeping the 30 for carry and getting a G34 for the range, just my .02.

10. duncan

duncan Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Can shoot SWC bullets in the G21 but not a G30.

With a $75 Federal Arms SS barrel, you can shott 45 ACP lead for the price of 9mm ammo. More practice, better skills, you tell me.

So if you have a 1911 and shoot SWCs, there you go!