close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30 + .AACK .22 oonversion kit experiences

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by thoth33, May 6, 2006.

1. thoth33

thoth33

Anyone here have experience with the Advantage Arms conversion for the G 30 specifically. I have heard good things about the AACK in general but have not seen anyone post a range report on the G30 model. ANyone with experience with the Model 21 kit, feel free to give us the good or bad. Currently I use a High Standard Victor .22 for target and have both a G23 and G30. Obviously, there is a huge difference between my .22 and centerfires in terms of grip and controls. Have considered getting rid of the the 23 for a G21 so that I would have common ammo requirements. Between the 23 and 30, I seem to prefer the 30 even though it is thicker for CCW. ANy help appreciated.

2. thoth33

thoth33

Just so there's no misunderstanding. I am considering getting a .22 kit for the G30 to replace the High Std and considering replacing the G23 with a G21 for the ammo. I would rather standardize to two ammo types (9mm is tempting, I have to admit) just .45 and .22 as of now. So, I wanted to see what kind of accurancy people are getting ouit of the AACK kits for both the G30 and the G21. Thanks alot

3. AZG30guy

AZG30guy

Thoth33

This tread on the AA conversion comes up all the time. I have one for my G30. I love it.

I can consistently put up 3" groups at 30ft. I use it to get cheap triger time with my G30. I feel that I've improved greatly with my 45 because of it.

The only problems I have are FTF and some FTE. Some sites say you have to keep it real clean for it to fuction properly. I do clean it well but still have some cycling probs. I also find it is particular ammo. I use CCI Blazer.

I do own a Ruger Single Six which I use to shoot mis-cycled rounds.

I notice alot of people have an opinion on the subject. I like the AA conversion.

Hope this helps

4. Perry F.

Perry F.

I have that conversion kit for my G19, I really enjoy shooting with it and it is very reliable.
    The only small drawback is the big value packs from Walmart, will sometimes not cycle the slide.
    It recommends what ammo to use in the kit. I use the bulk stuff for my Ruger, so I did not want to buy different .22 lr ammo. I can leave with the occcasionl cycle problem.

Perry

5. PzGren

PzGren

I have the AA conversion for my G30. Reliabilty has improved to over 90% with bulk ammo.
    My groups with the G30 conversion are over three times as large as groups with my S&W M22A.

The feel of the gun is different since the slide is much lighter. The trigger pull is similiar but not identical.

When I had my kit new, another member here had experienced the same problems with the G30 conversion.

Mine will be up for sale sooner or later and I'll get a Marvel conversion for my 1911.

6. thoth33

thoth33

Now, see that is what just might bring me back to the 1911 fold. I have seen the Marvel website and one thing for sure is their kits do not lack in the accuracy department. Now, regarding the G30 when you say the groups are three times bigger I guess I have to ask about group sizes in terms of inches and distance (approximate) Earlier I referred to minute of soda can accuracy and if the kit does that I guess I would have to be satisfied (well, until I looked again at the Marvel website!!!!)

7. AZG30guy

AZG30guy

:laughabove:

LOL if you don't mind, I'm going to borrow that and use it next time I'm at the range and someone ask's me how accurate is my Single Six.

8. PzGren

PzGren

With the cheap S&W M22A I shoot at brass downrange at 25 to 35 feet. I usually get it, once I have the elevation right.

Plinking fast at 7 yards I get about 1 inch groups with the Smith, the AA opens to about three inches. The AA needs more concentration on sight picture and trigger pull. With .45 in the G30 I can keep the groups well within one inch at 7 yards if I try. The conversion is still fun:)

The .45 slide has Meprolights on them, the AA is the LE model.