Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When someone mentions conceal carry we always hear from the 9mm and 40S&W crowd advocating the G26 or G27. I'm curious to see how many others out there prefer the G30/30SF for a carry piece. Let's hear it from the 45 crowd! :D

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I carry a G29 and a G30. (one at a time):supergrin:

10mm and 45 both excelled SD rounds I enjoy slow bullets that leave big holes and fast bullets that leave big holes.

YMMV

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I carry a G29 and a G30. (one at a time):supergrin:

10mm and 45 both excelled SD rounds I enjoy slow bullets that leave big holes and fast bullets that leave big holes.

YMMV[/QUOT

I carry a G27 and a G30. Also one at a time.:tongueout:

·
clever quip
1,165 Posts
I wanted to use the 30sf I had for concealed carry, but it was a lemon so I gave up on having a .45 sub from Glock. The few times it shot without a FTRTB I liked it, but I would never trust my life to one.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I wanted to use the 30sf I had for concealed carry, but it was a lemon so I gave up on having a .45 sub from Glock. The few times it shot without a FTRTB I liked it, but I would never trust my life to one.
Sounds like you had the FTRB issue that some G30SF models had. Glock came out with a -1- trigger bar that supposedly fixed the issues. My G30 has never had a single problem. I would not give up on the platform yet.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
G36 also an excellent carry choice. Cheers

·
G30SF Owner
256 Posts
You can add me to the list of G30SF fans...been carrying mine everyday since I bought and tested it.

45acp rocks...:devildance:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to see some fans of the G30/G30sf, and the 10mm. It seems that the 10mm is gaining in popularity. I certainly want to pick up a big 10 this year, and I hope to see more people using/buying rounds for that cartridge.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can add me to the list of G30SF fans...been carrying mine everyday since I bought and tested it.

45acp rocks...:devildance:

Good looking G30! If you haven't tried out the Pearce 10 rounds mag extension replacement I recommend doing so. It's more comfortable and it doesn't really add any additional mass to the pistol.

·
Registered
270 Posts
pre-rail 30 every day.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you want the ultimate...try the "hybrid", G30 SF with a G36 slide. You pick up handling speed, lighter weight, etc. Oh, add the 9 rd. mag with the Pearce +0 extension, and you optimize 2nd shot controllability! Sweet.

·
NRA Benefactor
1,496 Posts
I loved my G30 all the way up to when I bought my G30SF, love that even more!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have carried my 30SF without a hiccup for the last 2 years. No FRTB or any failure at all. Ammo mainly WWB or Remington 230gm FMJ. Carry ammo is Remington Golder Sabre. Shoot it often, clean it often.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts