Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
G26 | G17
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've recently become the proud new owner of a G17 2nd Gen.

I'm mainly planning on keeping it for Defense and CC. I'm wanting to test out some different ammo for it.

So far, I have my eye on:
Federal HST 147GR
Winchester Ranger SXT 147GR

My question is, for personal defense, are these some of the top recommended loads? Will my older G17 2nd Gen handle a +P load?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts

·
G26 | G17
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the fast reply!!!

HST is on his list. I'll be getting some +P soon! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
You dont even really need the +p in the 147gr. Its fine as is. Check these two videos with the regular and then the +p

Regular http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY_cJEDxxEI

+P Well for some reason I cant locate the +p video I thought the same dude made it. But you get the idea, it cant expand much more so the +p started to expand back over the base.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I only use the second gen guns I have shot just about all loads out of them I chose to go with 147 Ranger and HST non P loads

·
G26 | G17
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Ghost for the videos!

Very interesting!

I couldn't find the +P 147G vid either...

Murray, why do you choose to not use the +P?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
without getting in the caliber wars or load wars after some shooting and research I dont think you need it. There are plenty of good loads in P and non P I am good with non p loads in Ranger T and Hst

·
Registered
1,657 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
FWIW, for those times when I carry a 9mm (.40S&W is my primary), I use the Federal HST 147gr +P. There are a few others I also have in my supply that I have carried before, but this load is my first choice in 9mm SD ammo.

·
G26 | G17
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, thanks for all the info guys! I really do appreciate it. I got 2 boxes, 1 of each. (+P and non)

Going to go out to the range and test them out! Been saving water jugs/milk jugs for a few weeks now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts