close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 29?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by glock20_doubletapper, Jan 30, 2010.

1. glock20_doubletapper

glock20_doubletapper

As my name implies, i am a big fan of the Glock 20. I was just wanting some feedback on whether anyone preferred the 29 over the 20, and if so why? I have considered purchasing the 29 but would like some input from people with experience with the 29. Also whats the deal with the sf models, any pros and cons would be appreciated.

2. SCC

SCC just me

no experience with the 29 or the 20 !!!
    but welcome to GT !!!!!

3. glock20_doubletapper

glock20_doubletapper

Thanks man, I trust advice on forums like this one more than advice from any gun store or company rep. No hidden agendas!!

4. SCC

SCC just me

I just seen that you are in Athens, Ga !!! I have done lots of work in Athens

5. ChaneyD

ChaneyD

I have both and cannot choose one or the other. Hunting, my G20. CCW, G29.

6. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Have 3 G29s.
    Great guns.
    Lots of problems reported here on SF models.:whistling:

7. kennjen

kennjen

Were problems reported for g29 sf too ?

Many threads on G30SF, but never really saw one on g29sf. I did have an assumption that any prob. on g30sf exists on g29sf too, since the are the same exact frame. But always wondered why I didn't really see threads for problems on g29sf.

8. upnover97

upnover97 NRA member

i have a 20 and 29 both have their places, the 29 is my choice for a ccw, mine is not a sf model and i have had 0 problems with it, it is a great gun.

9. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Same here. I usually carry my G20 when in the woods, although I have carried the G29 too. The G29 makes for a good CC gun. Basically, if you have and love the G20, you have to get the G29. In the words of Donny Baker, I'm pretty sure it's state law:supergrin:

10. Historian

Historian NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

G29 is everything a 10mm should be. Shoots like a laser.

11. texas 48

texas 48 Gold Member

I have 2 G29's and just purchased a g20 and I am surprised how much I like the feel of the 20 over my 29'. I think its the 20 feels more balanced , points more naturally and grips better for me. I use a smart carry and the 20 conceals just as well as the 29's. Part of it could be that I have CT lasers on the 29's.and CT does not have a model for the G20. I am thinking of a Lasermax for the 20 but they have mixed reviews on GT and the price. I use DT 165gr GS for carry ammo and roll my own for range use don't think the Lasermax will hold up over the long run.

12. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

I used to have both. I found that I shot the G29 to be more accurate than the G20. They both are great guns.

13. Pappy John

Pappy John

I owned both for a while. Kept the 20 for a woods gun and sold the 29. The wide frames are just a bit too chunky for my preferred type of IWB concealment holster to be really comfortable. The G20 rides in a belt holster in the woods, so it doesn't bother me.

Also the ballistics were radically different between the two. That's another reason I hung on to the G20 for an outdoors gun and let the G29 go.

Double Tap 165 gr Gold Dots
    G20.......1442 fps.......759 ft/lbs
    G29.......1268 fps.......589 ft/lbs

Handload range rounds - 180 gr HAP over 11.0 gr AA#7
    G20.......1217 fps
    G29.......1072 fps

I use the 10mm for it's performance and, like most calibers, it just performs better in the longer barrel.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  14. 4GLOCKER

4GLOCKER

I've never shot a G20 but I own a G29SF. I had some problems with the trigger bar scratches, no FTF or FTRTB. DannyR replaced my trigger bar with the new 1- and it also scrathed a little. I just keep on shooting and it keeps on working...like a Glock.

15. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Personally i like them both. They (to me), both shoot very well and accurate.
    I have 2 G20's and sold the 29 (that was a mistake), but wanted another gun and needed the $$$. The 29 made a very good carry gun, but I also have a G30, so it serves well too. The 29 was very accurate for me, and held good goups at long range. People worry about recoil. What recoil. It is more of a push IMO. If you get one, I don't think you will regret it. I do plan on getting another one..

Good shooting

CanyonMan

16. mlbuilder

mlbuilder

I have both the 20 and the 29. I can't see a bit of difference accuracy wise between them, they both shoot outstandingly. When fly fishing the mountains of Tenn. I generally carry the 29. Anyother time in the woods the 20 comes along.

17. cjjohn

cjjohn

I too am looking at one of these as my next Glock so let me ask you this;
    Would a 20 that was cut to accept 29 mags be an all around good weapon? Here's why I ask. I have a 23 that I cut to 27 length grip and the ergo's are excellent. Some here mentioned the grip on a 29 as uncomfortable. I have several .45s and have become very interested in the 10mm as a carry gun. I know with the longer barrell the potential of the round can be recognized, and the short grip would conceal better.

18. Wastelander

Wastelander NEVER BACK DOWN

While I don't have a lot of experience with the 10mm round, I can say that I've fallen in love with it. I'll be ordering a G29 next Friday as my new EDC. Really looking forward to it!

19. mlbuilder

mlbuilder

On my 29 I have grip extenters and as my hands are big I find that the 29 is as comfortable to shoot as the 20. The grip extenders do not in anyway hurt it's concealment.

20. Epizza

Epizza Cap Peeler

My 29 is my EDC. No problems at all. Only carry DT ammo.