Glock Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Just got my new G29 a couple days ago have not even been to shoot it yet but I had already done upgrades.
  1. Extended slide lock lever.... I installed
  2. Extended Mag release...I installed
  3. Extended Slide Release....I installed
  4. Titanium trigger plunger...I installed
  5. Snake Eye site...I installed
  6. 6 inch loanwolf stainless barrel...I Installed
  7. Colored in the engraved area with orange fingernail polish...I did
  8. Stainless steel recoil spring...I Installed
Anybody else out there carry a G29?

Oh I just added some led light strips in my gun safe and I watched a lot of videos where the people were using door switches and having problems I just put in a motion sensor look for it at the bottom of my safe I can adjust it from 1 minute to 10 minutes and anytime it sees me it turns on or stays off when the door is shut, really nice and I used just the right amount of lights so if I do have to get up from a deep sleep I can still see and the lighting is just right to see everything.

Please see the video

·
I'm not retired
8,488 Posts
Does that rear sight have cross hairs? If not, I'd be figuring out how to get some on there. Do a 50 yd '0' with the + even with the top of front post and you'll have a fun little machine, there. Hog heads beware.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Cross Hair, I have read enough and watched videos on youtube to see that it works as a quick reference so I will test it for a couple months and if I am not happy move on to something else. Funny I put the 6 inch barrel on my gun for distance but have a site that may not be as accurate as others I will test it and get back to you.

http://deadringerhunting.com/product/snake-eyes/

·
Just sayin'
4,642 Posts
Nice setup, brother. Definitely something unique and personalized. You need to put some ammo through your new beast now. Enjoy and be safe.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
I'm not retired
8,488 Posts
No Cross Hair, I have read enough and watched videos on youtube to see that it works as a quick reference so I will test it for a couple months and if I am not happy move on to something else. Funny I put the 6 inch barrel on my gun for distance but have a site that may not be as accurate as others I will test it and get back to you.

http://deadringerhunting.com/product/snake-eyes/
you can be accurate with it...my thoughts were the crosshairs taking some of the skill out (or just plain easier ;)).

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
I didn't know that many people even had used the 6 inch barrel do you notice more distance or accuracy?
The longer barrel does not really make it more accurate, it has more to do with
the velocity, longer barrels are more flexible if they have the same OD and that
is counter productive for accuracy but there is so many other things that count
for accuracy.

If the bore is straight and smooth, the crown is good and the chamber is good,
that has more to do with good groups (accuracy). With cast boolits you also have
to fit the boolit to the barrel, chamber, throat.

A 40s&w with a six inch barrel can do what most 10mms will do if the
10mm has a 4.5'' barrel, but a long 10mm barrel beats any 40 long
barrel.

I usually use the cheap 40 brass because with my six inch conversion
barrel it's east to get 1300+fps with 180 and 200gr boolits.

I have six inch barrels for my two g20's in 9mm, 357sig and 40, yes
they really help velocity, with the hotter loads mostly.

Sorry if this is too much info, from a old post of mine,
All of my AM barrels are LW.

UW, 9mm, 115GD JHP+P+ AND 147GD JHP+P+
115GR.+P+
p95,,,,,,,,,,G27/LW,,,,,,P85,,,,,,,,,G2O/LW,,,,RBH with 9mm cylinder
3.875'',,,,,,4.060'',,,,,,,,4.5'',,,,,,,,,,,6'',,,,,,,,,,,,,6.5''
1443fps,,,1420fps,,,,,1461fps,,,,,1539fps,,,,1613fps

147+P+
1126fps,,,,1140fps,,,,,1123fps,,,,,1211fps,,,,1224fps

old 125 gr hp remington and federal 357 mag.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, in 4'' Gp-100 and 6.5'' BH
rem,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1337fps,,,,,,,,,,,,1522fps
fed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1488fps,,,,,,,,,,,1619fps

new 124gr UW 357sig with nosler bullets
4.6''LW barrel in a G27 and a 6'' LW barrel in a G20
1526fps no jams,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1604fps no jams, both
ten shots

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yeah, both videos are listed as private. Thanks for posting, but I can't see them.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts

Just got my new G29 a couple days ago have not even been to shoot it yet but I had already done upgrades.
  1. Extended slide lock lever.... I installed
  2. Extended Mag release...I installed
  3. Extended Slide Release....I installed
  4. Titanium trigger plunger...I installed
  5. Snake Eye site...I installed
  6. 6 inch loanwolf stainless barrel...I Installed
  7. Colored in the engraved area with orange fingernail polish...I did
  8. Stainless steel recoil spring...I Installed
Anybody else out there carry a G29?

Oh I just added some led light strips in my gun safe and I watched a lot of videos where the people were using door switches and having problems I just put in a motion sensor look for it at the bottom of my safe I can adjust it from 1 minute to 10 minutes and anytime it sees me it turns on or stays off when the door is shut, really nice and I used just the right amount of lights so if I do have to get up from a deep sleep I can still see and the lighting is just right to see everything.

Please see the video
Your video does not work. I carry a Glock 29 with a 15 round (Glock 20) magazine and an XGRIP.
I added a titanium guide rod with a slightly stiffer spring. (The red one)
I also had the slide milled and added a Trijicon RMR sight.
I replaced the Glock sight with glowing tritium suppressor (taller) sights. The sights co-witness.
I replaced the stock barrel with a KKM match barrel. This made a big difference in accuracy!
I carry it in kidney position inside my waistband using a trigger guard (MIC type) holster.

It's fairly comfortable to carry and conceals well in the small of my back.

My avatar is a photo of this weapon. I have a longer barrel but do not use it because it pokes me in the ass. If I were hunting and wanted a little more velocity a longer barrel might be some help. I would want to open carry it with the longer barrel.

Did that titanium trigger plunger help with anything?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.