Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a g29, and read that a change in spring pound to 21 can really help with the recoil.

Does it really help, if it does then what brand should I buy.

I was looking at Wolff recoil springs. But they said you have to buy a guide rod also. What all do I need to buy?

·
Registered
563 Posts
I use Glockmeister rods and springs. When you use a heavier spring, you are spreading out the recoil in time, so it's more of a push than a snap. But you are also going to cause more muzzle flip. I use the Glockmeister tungsten guide rod to reduce muzzle flip. The combination of a heavy spring and tungsten rod gives the best overall result with less recoil and muzzle flip.

I use a 20 lb. spring in my G17 and a 24lb. spring in my G20. A 21 lb. spring sounds ok for a G29.

Edit: Here is a link to the Glockmeister rods and springs. http://glockmeister.com/product_info.php?products_id=166
However, I see that they don't offer a rod and spring set for the G29.

I have to ask, what ammo are you planning to use in your G29? If you use DoubleTap full strength ammo, you are going to have significant recoil. If you use one of the commercial weak 10mm ammos, you might as well get a .40 or 9mm.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to ask, what ammo are you planning to use in your G29? If you use DoubleTap full strength ammo, you are going to have significant recoil. If you use one of the commercial weak 10mm ammos, you might as well get a .40 or 9mm.

for range use i use a mix of double tap and commercial, but i only carry double tap in my 357 sig and 40 s&w now, I plan on using the corbon 180 gr hunter ammo since i live in the woods. I figure that would handle the 2 and 4 leg problems.

Corbon round
HT10180BC/20 10MM AUTO 180 GR 1300 FPS 676 FTLBS

I am not overly concerned about the recoil but if i can replace a spring and reduce flip it would be worth it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
for range use i use a mix of double tap and commercial, but i only carry double tap in my 357 sig and 40 s&w now, I plan on using the corbon 180 gr hunter ammo since i live in the woods. I figure that would handle the 2 and 4 leg problems.

Corbon round
HT10180BC/20 10MM AUTO 180 GR 1300 FPS 676 FTLBS

I am not overly concerned about the recoil but if i can replace a spring and reduce flip it would be worth it.
Well, if you can handle the recoil, that's fine. Shooting DoubleTap in the G20 causes my hand to tingle.... even with the 24lb spring. :supergrin: Sounds like you are a seasoned shooter though, so I guess you can deal with it.

If you can find a heavy guide rod, that would help with muzzle flip, but I don't know who makes one for the G29.. Wolff does make a recoil spring/guide rod for the G29 though. http://www.gunsprings.com/1ndex.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts