Glock 29 problem/question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Yankee Mountain Man, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Yankee Mountain Man

Yankee Mountain Man

Hi Guys,
    Been experiencing ftfeed problems in a previously reliable G29. It has happened with a couple of brands of ammo and a couple of different magazines. Once while the gun was a little dirty and once 5 rounds after a good cleaning. It appears that the top round in the magazine is slightly hitting the top of the chamber. The top round does look like it is at a steep angle although I don't think I ever noticed it when it was running good so maybe that is how it is supposed to look. It is definitely steeper than the angle presented from the top round in my G32 but those cartridges are different so I have nothing to compare it to. Can anyone point me to a picture of what the top round is supposed to look like from a lateral view through the ejection port? Or, any other thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

2. 153

Sounds like a magazine problem, I would get a new mag and see what happens.

3. voyager4520

voyager4520

What ammo are you using? Has the gun previously run this ammo without problems?

The fact that it's the top round in the magazine suggests that the slide may not have enough velocity to chamber the round. Make sure you're not riding the slide forward and slowing it down. Pull the slide back and release it while firmly holding the frame in place, or push the slide stop down to release it. It could be a weak recoil spring as well, if you've had a few thousand rounds through it, it could be weak.