·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I bought a "Pearce" extension for my G29, and found it to be
a pretty crappy part. In looking at the image you can see that
the overall height of the plate is MUCH taller that the plate on
a OEM mag. AND the slot which the mag body slides into is
MUCH deeper too. I believe this is a cheap knockoff part.

No wonder these extensions cause function failures, and I'm
not even going to waste my time putting it on a mag. I bought
it on Ebay, and the seller requires the buyer to pay for return
shipping, so I cancelled the charge for the full price with
Citibank (they're really good about that), and if the seller
wants his crappy knockoff back he'll need to pay for that -
but I doubt he will, as it probably cost him about $0.50.....

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
I cancelled the charge for the full price with
Citibank (they're really good about that)
Does the Ebay system allow you to do that if the product was received? I would think you will have some issue with the seller as well.

I have some Pearce pinky extensions that work well. They're 9mm though and not the type that add additional rounds to the mag.

I suspect if you tried one you'd like it but I don't have a 10mm so I can't say for sure.

Citibank may eat the charge for a longtime customer or a high dollar customer and the seller may prevail as well.

So all will be delighted.

If I were you I'd avoid trying to purchase anything from the classified forums here though. Rip off people don't last long around here. LOL!

·
NRA Life Member
67,930 Posts
My first thought is , WTF? Those look like 2 ordinary, flat floor plates. Where's the extension?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I run Pearce extensions on all my 26, 29, 42 and 43 mags and find them to be great products. Are you sure you weren’t sold a Chinese fake on eBay?

I buy mine direct from Pearce for $9.95. How much was the eBay one?

Reactions: Grumpy_old_man

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
Not sure what that is, or what would even necessitate purchasing such a thing. I put Pearce extensions on several magazines for increased capacity (the +3extension on a 17 round mag is ideal.) They work very well and fit perfectly. GLOCK should contract them to make bases for their 42 and 43 pistols, I think.
Looks like the base you have is for a G21 or something, instead of a G26.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I once had an aftermarket floorplate that I got just to see if I liked it.
One time I dropped the mag and it popped off and the spring sent the rest of the mag flying across the floor.
Since then all my mags go through a "mag to the floor drop test" right away.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I once had an aftermarket floorplate that I got just to see if I liked it.
One time I dropped the mag and it popped off and the spring sent the rest of the mag flying across the floor.
Since then all my mags go through a "mag to the floor drop test" right away.
You should do a “yank” test too. There’s a funny video of LE getting out of his car and the mag extension caught on the seatbelt and popped off sending ammo all over the road.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
My G-29 with Pierce Extensions shoots just fine!

·
NRA Life Member
67,930 Posts
I run Pearce extensions on all my 26, 29, 42 and 43 mags and find them to be great products. Are you sure you weren’t sold a Chinese fake on eBay?
Unfortunately, that is a big danger these days. That's why I don't buy much Magpul stuff on eBay and I have spent a lot of time studying how to spot Aimpoint fakes - the majority of gun stuff on eBay appears to be cheap Chinese fakes. Same for knives, small electronics, etc. I'll not be buying a Benchmade knife or a Rolex on eBay.

Reactions: raven5

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The Pearce I have for my 29 work well and there is a difference in the height of the sidewalls as the OP pictured but it is not as dramatic as it picture shows, I'd say possible chi-com knockoff.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
If that photo is with the extension on, that’s not the Pearce. The Pearce pinky extension (no additional rounds) looks like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If that photo is with the extension on, that’s not the Pearce. The Pearce pinky extension (no additional rounds) looks like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The image is (obviously) of my G19 with the standard base plate....

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts