Glock Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

24,333 Posts
Thinking of buying one; just want a hand cannon without being as big as a desert eagle. I've always liked the idea of a 10mm auto. It seems like a lot of Firepower. Would like to here some owner testimonials? Would you consider recoil moderate, heavy, or abusive? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
I have the full size Glock 20 and I consider the recoil to be very moderate even with the heavy Doubletap, Underwood, and Buffalo Bore loads. Compared to a 44 magnum revolver the 10mm Glock is a *****cat.

With most standard loads in the G29 I would not imagine the recoil to be any big deal at all. Glocks, with their wide. hand-filling grips and their flexible polymer frames do a very good job of handling recoil and the G20, G21, G29 and G30 are the largest heaviest guns Glock makes.

I prefer the 20 to the 29 for woods carry because I see no need to carry concealed in the woods where I live. It just isn't unusual to see someone carrying a gun in the woods in Eastern Washington and it makes sense to do so and a gun is more accessable carried in a hip holster.

For concealed carry in urban areas I carry a G23 or smaller.

My Glock 20SF is one of my all time favorite handguns.

24,333 Posts
Can't wait to handle one; I may wish to have the bigger G20. There's just no way to tell until I feel them in my hands. I have fairly big hands. I wear XL gloves. I really like the Sig p220 Hunter in kryptec camo but it's $1600 and it's only single stack capacity.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Keep in mind that of the Gen 3 full size Glocks, The G20, G29, G21 and G30, these guns are available in the SF (short frame) configuration and fit some people's hands better.

The Gen 4 guns have interchangeable backstraps and with the smaller backstrap are the same as the SF models.

You should try a Gen 4 at a gun store where they will let you try different backstaps. I have a Gen 3 SF and I'm very happy with it. It fits my hands perfectly but the standard Gen3 did not. I actually bought the standard frame gun first and then sold it after I discovered the SF model and bought the SF.

The Glock is the absolute best platform for the 10mm. Cost, capacity, reliability, and versatility are what make it number one. I know of no other 10mm that can reliably and accurately fire 40 S&W ammo and there are more aftermarket barrels in different calibers available for the Glocks than any other manufacturer. Lone wolf doesn't make as many conversion barrels as they used to but many are still available used. By adding a longer barrel you gain velocity.

Additionally the Glock with it's wide grip and flexible polymer frame, handles recoil better than any steel framed gun. I shot a Tangfoglio Witness 10mm and I liked it but it's a heavier gun than the Glock and it's DA/SA which I don't like.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.