Glock Talk banner

Glock 29 owners? Do you like?

2909 Views 51 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  Redline727
Thinking of buying one; just want a hand cannon without being as big as a desert eagle. I've always liked the idea of a 10mm auto. It seems like a lot of Firepower. Would like to here some owner testimonials? Would you consider recoil moderate, heavy, or abusive? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
10,105 Posts
The G29 was my first carry gun. I gave up on lugging it around after a year because it is too wide and too heavy. I'm not a small guy at 6' 1" and 200 pounds, but this thing is always in the way and drags your pants. The short grip isn't nice either, not even with the pinky extension on the mags.

If I wanted to carry 10mm again, I would get a full size G20, that will offer me much better ergonomics, more rounds and faster follow-up shots while being the same width and being not much heavier.

The G20 is also a great basis for home defense.

The G29 is my under-the-pillow gun these days. I carry a G42, because that is the size and weight I can manage to carry all day long if needed. It will be most likely replaced with the new Sig P365 which offers 9mm +P and double the round count in a not much bigger package.

· Banned
10,105 Posts
Waiting on the Sig P365 myself. I think you guys got me talked into a full size 10mm. I have carry guns. I'm 6'2 and 200. I just want a cannon, you never know; one day you may look out your front door and find that your yard is full of zombies. Lol

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I say G20 or better G40 for home defense and woods, P365 for carry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.