close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 29 or 30???

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Rag Flyer, May 2, 2004.

1. Rag Flyer

Rag Flyer

Hey folks,
    I was lucky enough to win a free Glock certificate at the Dallas GSSF match today, and I need help selecting a pistol.
    It will have to be either the 10mm model G29 or .45 ACP model G30. This is because I want to shoot in the Master-MajorSub division which only allows sub-compact models 29 & 30.
    Here is my goal.... I need something that will have as little recoil/muzzle jump as possible. I can even reload on my Dillon if that will help. I've heard about some FBI 10mm ammo that recoils about like a .40S&W so maybe 10mm is the way I need to go. I've never fired a 10mm, so I could really use some good advice from y'all.
    Thanks everyone!
    Mike

2. Rag Flyer

Rag Flyer

P.S.

I am not worried about power at all. It only needs to be able to punch holes in paper.

3. lastevolution

lastevolution "Senior" Member

4. racerkvn

racerkvn

G30

ITS A WHOLE LOT CHEAPER TO SHOOT THAN 10MM!!!!! Atleast around here its cheaper to shooot 45auto. Plus, you can go anywhere and get 45 acp, not the case with 10mm. Recoils less, which in turn, you can shoot it all day long, if you have to, with less muzzle flip. My G30 with a 21lb. wolff spring/guide rod recoils less than a G23 IMO (shooting 230 gr. ball). I was in Books-a-million yesterday, and looking through a 2004 buyers guide, it only list 1 (repeat one) FBI 10mm load in the table, and it runs around 900 fps @370 ft lbs. You have more selection with the 45 auto. If you were going to hunt with it, and carry it, go for the G29, to just punch holes in paper, and be a really good carry option, if you wanted, get the G30. Just my opinion......

5. lastevolution

lastevolution "Senior" Member

Yeah, the 10mm is more expensive to shoot, but if it's for competition, wouldn't the 10mm be more accurate?

6. Harlequin

Harlequin I need a weapon

I highly doubt it's more accurate than a G30. Just as accurate perhaps, but not more so.

7. Signal Zero

Signal Zero

I have both and for your desired usage, (1) The G30 seems more practical and (2) ammo availability. I like my G29 alot too, but for competition the 10mm seems like overkill.