close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 29 or 20 in 10 mm?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by spooge, Mar 5, 2006.

1. spooge

spooge

Hi fellas. I just bought a Glock 30 (O.D. Frame/rails) for personal and home defense. Now I want to get a Glock 10 mm. I live in Central Montana were there are some black bears and other creaturs (two and four legged)so the 10 mm makes a good choice for packing in the bush while camping and hunting. Now for the big question, should I get the 29 for its compact carry and lighter weight, or the 20 for its increased mag capacity and velocity? I still have some Tax return money and if I don't buy some guns now, the money will go bye bye. Thanks for your time. P.S. I can't wait to get some Buffalo Bore and Double tap through wichever Glock 10 mm I end up with. Take care.

2. seed

seed

Personally, I would get the 20...in fact I did. That said, I did not get it for concealed carry (obviously). For that purpose, a 29 would be most excellent (obviously). But personally I am not concerned about bears and therefore would not need to carry a 10mm (or higher), except for general ammo and launch platform preference. If concealment is not a concern, I would recommend the 20 as you will need to squeeze out every bit of velocity. And having the 15 or 15+2 mags is a must...for either gun in the bear country, in my opinion. To me, you want as much power and fire-power as possible in your scenario. So go get it.

3. spooge

spooge

Thanks Seed. I hate having more than one choice! Ya know I bought a Glock 23 back in 89-90 and ever since have up-graded every time Glock comes out with another model. I now have six Glocks (21,30,31, 17, 23, 27) and will get a 10mm very soon... I'm ill and feel guilty every time I buy a new gun, but its a beutiful sickness!

4. bakjr

bakjr

I'd pick up the G20 first.

Beware... I liked shooting a 10MM so much, I bought a G29 and just ordered a Kimber Eclipse in 10MM. :)

5. spooge

spooge

Well for now my rational for getting the bigger gun (20) is that I will be using it mostly in the woods and can keep it in a holster (on my side), pretty well concealed, but not entirely for easy/quick access. I will also get a Glock tactical light for the night time campfire feeling of well being, if ya know what I mean : )

6. bakjr

bakjr

Good choice.

[​IMG]

7. spooge

spooge

Hey bakjr, how much light does your tactical put out? By the way, your set-up looks awsome!

8. bakjr

bakjr

The Glock Tactical light IMO is probably one of the best values in a rail mounted light. I paid $89 OTD at my local dealer.

I'm not sure on the light output since this is the only rail mounted light I've purchased, but I did read where a couple of guys compared them to a couple different models of other tac lights, which were quite a bit more expensive, and they didn't see enough of a difference to warrant the extra money.

I've got 2 acres out in the country and feel the light is bright enough and covers enough distance that I don't feel I need anything else when I'm out in the back of my property.

Another feature I like is that it is more streamlined on the gun than other lights I've seen and I seems like the light center is about where the sites are set at about 15' to 20' out.

I don't think there are any holsters that can be used with the GTL available yet.

9. spooge

spooge

Thanks for the reply bakjr. I will look into the Glock tactical light. Wont worry about a holster yet for it, as I will put it on at night when the need arises. Kinda just pull it out of the back pack and slip it on when I hear something interesting rustling in the bush or cracking up the trail. Anyway, its a great looking combo. Think I've decided to go with the all black Glock instead of O.D. The look is more business like with black. O.D. almost looks " fake" or not like a real gun (I know its only cosmetics.) Take care.