Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 29 not ejecting casings!!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by airec, Jun 30, 2005.

1. airec

This is not a question but rather a fix for the problem. I have been all over the internet for the past 3 to 4 months looking for the answer and have called glock several times.

I purchased my Glock 29 used in "like new condition". However, from the first magazine of rounds I put through it I had constant failure to eject problems. The extractor would grab the case pull it back and hold on to it trying to feed it back into the chamber.

After some research I found that my Glock was made in 1997. At the time (i'm not sure of the exact time frame) Glock was installing trigger housing with an ejector that was stamped 4340. They are very short ejectors. It should have Trigger Housing part #8203 with the ejector stamped 8196-2. The ejector is significantly longer.

So the problem I was having was that sometimes the slide would not go back far enough to run the casing into the ejector to knock it out.

This problem has puzzled me and many glock armorors I have showed it to for some time. I'm just hoping I can help someone who is having the same problem. It almost had me to the point of trading it in just to get rid of the problem.

I'm happy to say that I have fired 200+ rounds with no malfunctions.
  2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Stuarts Draft, Virginia
    Could be several causes. Is the recoil spring stock? Did someone install a recoil buffer? Did someone install the newer loaded chamber indicator extractor and not use the proper spring bearing? Are you using factory ammo? Is your thumb riding the slide?

If all else fails, send your pistol to Glock or take it to a GSSF match and let a factory armorer look at it.

3. Glock4Life

This is what I'd do if it were me and if you don't have a match nearby to get a free fix:

Head on over to and order the following parts:

1.) #41375 Trigger housing w/ ejector for G29. Cost $6.95

2.) #41373 Recoil spring assembly for G29. Cost $14.95

I say #1 because the numbers you're quoting don't match the numbers I know. I say #2 because of the fact the pistol was made in 1997 and with an unknown round count it might be a good idea to change it out in addition to the potential issue that Danny raised. If #1 alone does the trick, then you have a spare recoil assembly which is practically a must anyway for any experienced Glock shooter. Instructions for disassembly/reassembly can also be found at Topglock under the "technical info" link or at Glockmeister under the same link heading. GM is also a high quality source for stock Glock parts. A final word is to inspect your extractor closely to make sure it hasn't chipped with all those fail to ejects. If it has, order one up. This is just how I would go about it, giving the info you have provided. Best of luck to you!