close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock 29 misfires

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by deerhunter2, Aug 14, 2002.

1. deerhunter2

deerhunter2

just bought a used 29 and about every 3rd shot it fails to shoot[leaves indention in primer] anyone know what the problem is,My guess is either firing pin [striker] or spring any help would be appreciated thanks

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Centered or off center hits?

3. deerhunter2

deerhunter2

I assume your talking about primer hits, the best i remember they were centered , and could rechamber them and they would fire

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

The most frequent cause of light hits with stock equipment is either a thumb dragging the slide slightly or a mild case of limp wrist. If the primer hits are slightly off center then the slide is not going completely into battery. A worn recoil spring can contribute to this type of situation as well.

5. valleyz

valleyz Problem Child

D I R T Y firing pin channel;f

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

It could also be your ammo. Glocks do not like WinClean. Reloads with hard primers or high primers do not fare well in a Glock.

Since your pistol is used, it might have a reduced power striker spring and/or titanium striker, which could also cause the problem. Have your G29 cleaned and examined by a certified Glock armorer.
    -Danny

7. deerhunter2

deerhunter2

I was shooting rem.170gr JHP
    Gun did have Ghost Block installed ,but i put orriginal parts back in didn't help does seem like recoil spring is alittle weak from ready to fire for about 1/4 in then stiffens up the rest or recoil cycle thanks

8. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Clean out the striker channel with brake cleaner. Don't let any oil or solvent find its way into the striker channel. Hoss, at Custom Glock Racing uses the equivalent of a worn out recoil spring(13#) on his Glocks, and claims no misfires or malfunctions.

9. DocHoliday

DocHoliday

After cleaning you can make a simple test to ensure that the striker moves free:
    Take to slide only, push back to firing pin a little bit,put it upright position, breech down.Push the firing pin safety. The firing should move forward protruding from the breech.

When the gun is completly assembled and dry fired shake it. If you can hear a rattling sound (from the f-pin) thats perfect.

Regards