close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 29 Is it an 11 rounder?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Cross_Steel, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Cross_Steel

Cross_Steel

I remember reading in mazazine a couple years back reading a magazine about the Glock 30 and 29. Seems if I remember correctly that the Glock 30 used an extender on the magazine to bring it up to 10 rounds. It stated that using this extender on the 29 mags would constitute the contruction of a "high capacity magazine" and thus would be illegal. Now that the bans over it doesn't matter. An 11 round 10mm in that size sure does seem well interesting.

Do they make factory extenders for the 29 to be an 11 rounder?

2. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

The factory mag for the G29 holds 10rds, but with an additional one in the chamber you get 11.

Given the G29's compact size and the potency of the 10mm cartridge, that's quite a nice little powerhouse.

I do believe - now that the ban's gone - you can get "+2" floor plate extenders for the G29. You might check Brownells catalog, as they seem to carry a lot of magazine accessories.

3. bac1023

bac1023

I'll pass. The G29 is my favorite carry gun due to its small size and awesome firepower. I like the short grip. Still It would be cool to have 12+1 rounds of 10mm on tap.

4. bambihunter

bambihunter 10mm collector

I can actually get 11 in the mag on one of my G29 mags, but when I do it (always by accident) the spring will sometimes stick so it's not worth it at all.
    Remember you can always use a G20 mag if higher capacity is the primary goal (such as at night for home defense). I carry my G29 with the standard 10 round mag then pop it out and put in a G20 mag. They also make a "grip sleeve" that will make the grip feel about like a G20. They have a set screw that attaches the sleeve to the magazine...

5. PostalGlock'n

PostalGlock'n

I carry my G29 with the 10 round mag in place but have my 15 round with grip extender in my mag pouch.

If I need more than 26 rounds of 10MM, say a prayer for me.

6. thaddeus

thaddeus Millennium Member

I just bent the feed lips in on my 10-round G30 mag and it is now a nice 13 round 10mm mag for my G29.

I was hoping to get 12 rounds into it. I am ecstatic to get 13 into it!

This brings my G29 to a whole new level.

7. hollow10mm

hollow10mm cold,dead,hands

/\ are you serious? iam going to buy a g-30 mag tomarrow at the local gun shop and try it, did you swap followers?

8. thaddeus

thaddeus Millennium Member

I have not swapped followers or springs yet. I am still using the G30 follower and spring. I am seeing if it is really necessary to swap them, although I probably will eventually.
    Sometimes I think we over-engineer things. "If it ain't broke don't fix it". If I get %100 reliability with a stock G30 mag and only bending the feed lips, why mess with success?

So far it works great. I had to fine-tune the lips to get the same feed angle as my G29 mag.
    I do not like holding 13 rounds in it, although it is possible. I keep 12 in the mag and one in the chamber.

9. JinLA

JinLA

Hmmm...what does a G21 mag do in a G20?

10. Thom

Thom

Hey thaddeus
    Will you teach me how to make one. I live in Chandler.

Thom
    :cool:

11. DanManMain

DanManMain

If glock was smart, they start molding a few fat bottom g30 mags for use ina g29.

12. Scott Kay

Scott Kay

I agree - I grip and shoot better with the ten-round G30 mag than I do with the G29 mag with +0 Pearce Extension. How about an update from those of you that have converted a G30 mag for use in the G29. Is it reliable? Exactly what did you do - and what tools did you use - to do the conversion? Thanks.

13. DanManMain

DanManMain

I like the feel of g30's with +0 pearce extensions more than the g29 with the +0.

I'd put my advance order right now if glock was going to make a special run. anyone know of a way to get this idea to someone in charge at glock?