Glock 29 barrels

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hltmd, Sep 16, 2007.

1. hltmd

hltmd

I had a KB with my model 29 and am interested in a fully supported aftermarket barrel. I tried search with no luck. Whose barrels are good? Who makes one for a Glock 29? Thanks

2. Coldcases

Coldcases Guest

3. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

Can you give more details about your ka-Boom?

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Thery is no such thing as a fully supported semi-automatic barrel, but some offer more support than others, often at the expense of reliability. www.lonewolfdist.com offers some very nice barrels.

I,too, would like to hear specific details. Reloads? Lead? Heavier than 200-gr ammo? Be honest.

5. hltmd

hltmd

KB was on first outing with new gun (mod 29). Bought a box of ammo from the same dealer. All he had were commercial reloads. I don't remember the brand. KB blew mag out, blew out extractor, which I couldn't find. Glock was very nice and repaired the gun for free, but you can be sure I'll not use any more reloads in that caliber.

I have a couple of boxes of hot commercial stuff for home protection, 165gr gold dot DoubleTap, and I'm a little skittish of them, although the cases are of course brand new. I'm sure they will be okay, but the KB was a bit of a shock.

:sad:

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

AH, you may correctly place the blame on the reloads, which have no industry controls. Factory new ammo is just fine. Shoot and enjoy.

Furthermore, you do not need thermo-nuclear 10mm ammo for home protection. Any quality JHP will do. It's not the loud noise or the thrilling massive recoil that get's the job done, it's shot replacement. If you live in an apartment, consider wall penetraton on a miss. Are you trying to take out everyone on the same floor with a single shot?

7. hltmd

hltmd

I appreciate advice concerning shot placement, penetration, and the opinion that one doesn't need "thermonuclear" ammo. However, I have chosen this weapon carefully, already know about shot placement, live in a house far from anyone else, and intend to use the most lethal ammunition I can find to defend my home.

It is for this reason that I would like to redirect this thread to its original purpose.....advice on an aftermarket barrel with better support than the baggy-chambered original. Lonewolf apparently doesn't make or sell Glock 29 barrels. I have only found
    KKM, know nothing about their quality, and would like to find a more reasonable price.

Any real help? Thanks

HLTMD
    NRA Certified Handgun Instructor
    Life member NRA

8. RonS

RonS Millennium Member