Glock 29 and Buffalo Bore ammo

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MichiganPython, Jul 16, 2007.

1. MichiganPython

MichiganPython

2. Tactician

Tactician

I only saw one choice for 10mm, the 180gr load.

I'm sticking with Double Tap ammo. I just got some 38 special from them that makes you think of this weapon in a whole new light.

The only downside about double tap is, you might have a problem shooting all their choices out there for 10mm. I am still working on that. :supergrin:

3. Ak.Hiker

Ak.Hiker

I have shot the Buffalo Bore 200 grain FMJ in my Glock 29. It is a very good load with lots of penetration. I have not tried the Double Tap 10mm yet but I am going to order some. The Buffalo Bore is a little hotter than the CorBon 200 grain Penetrator. I would carry either as a woods walking load.

4. wizzi01

wizzi01

Have not shot BB out of my 29, and for that price I won't be either. For 3 bucks more you get 30 more rounds of Doubletap.

5. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

As mentioned, Buffalo Bore's 10mm ammo is pricier, considering that you're only getting 20-rds per box versus the 50-rds per from DT.

That said - and to answer the original question - yes, I've fired both of BB's 10mm loads through my G29: the 180gn Speer Unicore JHP (@1350fps/728fpe) and the 200gn FMJ-FP load, which duplicates the original Norma FMJ load @ 1200fps/640fpe.

No problems at all and it was pretty accurate too. I've also shot these loads through my G20 and FWIW both ran fine.

:cool:

6. Akita

Akita gone

Off the top of my head, I dont know specifics, but the Buffalo Bore ammo that I've seen has been unpowered compared to Double Tap.
    Nothing wrong with it tho.

edited to add: I remember that BB is less KE than DT in a heavier weight bullet in their respective 45ACP loads. I remember this because some idiot salesman at Coal Creek Armory in Knoxville was trying to tell me that ~400 ft# was the same as ~500 ft#.

yet a further further edit:
    Well, I dont like to toss #s around without facts so I did some some quick digging, yielding the following info:
    using STANDARD PRESSURE (no +P or higher!), here's KE:

45acp: no BB rounds are loaded within sammi spec, ALL are +P
    45acp 230gr: DT= 521, BB= 461(+P load)
    45acp 200gr: DT= 562, BB= 490(+P load)
    45acp 185gr: DT= 616, BB= 543(+P load)

10mm 200gr: DT= 722, BB= 639
    10mm 180gr: DT= 676, BB= 728

Price per round of BB is up to twice that of DT and is always more expensive.
    I lost interest at that point, but with similiar weight bullets in similiar guns within industry standard pressures, DT beats BB by each company's published data.

7. Ak.Hiker

Ak.Hiker

Every Buffalo Bore load I have ever tested has been hot except their 454 cast load. They down load the 454 just a little to make it more reliable. They make very good ammunition. One thing I can say about Buffalo Bore is I have never seen any of their hard cast loads show any signs of bullet creep under recoil. They really do make high quality ammunition. I have also had very good luck with Double Tap as well.

8. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Yeah, I agree with Ak. Hiker. Both companies make excellent, full-power 10mm ammo, and it's always nice to have choices in life.

However, DT does best BB in that (1) BB has exactly two loads in 10mm, whereas DT offers you a HUGE line-up of 10mm ammo using different bullet-weights and styles, and (2) DT's prices are way better for more ammo-per-box - and that's before you get to the FREE shipping on orders of a 1000-rds or more. Hard to beat that.

9. Aglifter

Aglifter

I have buffalo bore carry rounds for all calibers, except my Rohrbaugh -- (I stick to the factory rec. speer GD), and my 29. From an appearance standpoint, buffalo bore looks better, and they use starline brass -- and they are packaged much more securely -- all of which are very trivial points, given the difference in price. Double tap is reasonable enough that I can afford to buy 500 rounds of my carry load, and practice with it -- I cannot do that w. buffalo bore (but I REALLY like BB's 357 Mag loads...)

10. Los Suenos

Los Suenos JSC

DT uses starline brass also.

11. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

I still much prefer DT for price and even performance but I've fired BB in 10mm, .45 Super and .357Mag. Really good ammunition, just pricy.