Glock Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have been pondering a 29. I have a 20 so I know the 10mm and a 30 so I know the frame size. Just don't know the results in recoil and muzzle flip when the two are mixed.
How accurate is the 29 out of the box? What is the recoil like? I am not recoil sensitive, so that is not an issue. Followup shots are the issue.
Thanks

·
Registered
818 Posts
G29 Gen4 I have feels a lot less snappy/recoil than G26 and definitely G27. Different impulse than the 30 so I don't like to make comparisons on those 2. Speed of follow-up shots really depends upon the shooter. We're all a little different. I haven't used Underwood but Buffalo Bore hard cast is controllable for me. Where I do notice a difference is when I'm using an XGrip with the 15 round G20 mags in the G29. Try a 29 and I bet you end up buying one.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have both a G20 and a G29. Recoil is quite manageable in both. Obviously the G21 has a little less recoil, but the G29 is certainly not a problem.

You can expect to lose about 75 - 100 fps going from G21 to G29. But, I'm still getting 1193 (5 shot averages, chronographed by me) fps from 200 grain LTCFP bullets and 1277 fps from 180 grain XTP's from my G29! That's pretty dang good!

·
Registered
25,887 Posts
I have been pondering a 29. I have a 20 so I know the 10mm and a 30 so I know the frame size. Just don't know the results in recoil and muzzle flip when the two are mixed.
How accurate is the 29 out of the box? What is the recoil like? I am not recoil sensitive, so that is not an issue. Followup shots are the issue.
Thanks
1) the 29 is just as accurate as the 20 and any other Glock out of the box…

2) our recently departed DTH carried and shot a 29 in his 70’s and 80’s… so…

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Haven't shot anything heavy in mine yet, but I like mine so far.

Reactions: Stillhuntn

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks

My 29 with full power loads is a hoot to shoot (although it's got quite a bark) I feel like the 10mm just drives the gun straight back. You're going to love it!😎

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I love my 10mm I have a RIA Tactical and SA Elite Compact 10mm.

Reactions: Stillhuntn
1 - 17 of 17 Posts