close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock 27

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BWSCPU, Dec 31, 2004.

1. BWSCPU

BWSCPU

Anyone else have a problem with the 27 feeding hollow points? The ball feeds fine....Bee

2. mrwiggins

mrwiggins lookout ladies

I only put a few through mine but it did fine.

3. fastbolt

fastbolt

No, mine works fine with them.

To date, mine's functioned fine with Remington Express 180gr, Remington 165gr GS, W-W RA40180JHP 180gr (uses the Personal Protection/USA-type bullet), RA40TA 165gr (T-Series), Speer 180gr GD and W-W 165gr SXT (non T-Series), even when mixed into the same magazine.

My G27 (including magazines) is stock except for Mepro NS.

4. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

No problems here. I have shot Federal Hydra-Shoks and Speer Gold Dots in mine without any problems whatsoever.

5. Kjott21

Kjott21 Berserker

I haven't shot many but the one box I put through worked fine.

6. AZG23

AZG23

Not one single problem...maybe try some Flitz polish on the feed ramp

7. jim301

jim301

Have you tried several different hollow points? I have shot a lot of different hollow points in my 27 without any problem. Is the gun pure stock? Was it cleaned and oiled per glock instructions? If you are shooting reloads are they mild loads? Have someone else shoot your 27 and see if they have the same problem.

8. AZG23

AZG23

Good idea here....YOU may be limp wristing the hotter HP loads and not realize it..

9. hunt55

hunt55 J.R. Hunt

I've fired lots of different hollow pts thru my 27..... No problems whatsever.

10. fastbolt

fastbolt

Okay, I finally had a couple of unusual functioning issues occur with my G27 yesterday.

It was while I was spending the day working a qualification range, and was working in some practice and qualification with more then half a dozen of my own guns. I must've personally used at least a couple of cases of ammunition.;)

I think the first problem was of my own doing, since it was a type of elevated nose feeding failure commonly seen caused by failing to keep the wrist locked. Easy to understand, as I'd already been doing a lot of shooting ... and easy to resolve at the time. Seemingly shooter-related. It happens. It happened with me. It happened with the W-W 180gr RA40180JHP ... but at this time I wouldn't blame the occurrence on either the ammunition of the gun ... just me.

The next instance involved the last round of a magazine of Rem Express 180gr JHP, and while the pistol did cycle, the round produced a distinctly muffled sound ... the bullet hit the target ... but the recoil impulse was noticeably reduced, with the slide cycling very softly, and the empty case barely making it out of the ejection port, at which time it was kicked forward barely over the front of the muzzle. Seemingly, an ammunition-related problem. Not in the sense that gun failed to feed, fired, extract & eject, but that it was apparently a significantly reduced power round. I'm glad it occurred on the range, instead of elsewhere, and that it didn't result in an obstructed barrel (although I immediately checked the bore).

These things can happen ... and a surprisingly amount of the time it's not the fault of the gun itself.

My strong hand's thumb & index finger is just now calming down from twitching after a day's worth of shooting a mixture of guns chambered in 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP.;)

11. TLHelmer

TLHelmer Millennium Member

The only problems I have had with my G-27 was if I loaded a single round into the magazine and then tried to rack the slide. The round seemed to nosedive into the feed ramp. This failed to feed the round stopping at the feed ramp.

12. Ghetto

Ghetto Still alive

No problems with Hydroshocks here.

13. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Never had a problem with my 27. Eats whatever I feed it.

14. hunt55

hunt55 J.R. Hunt

I have to try that. I don't remember ever racking the slide with only one round in the mag.....