Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up everybody. I recently purchased a used glock 27 for daily carrying purposes and some rangetime. It is the first gun I've ever owned and I've only ever shot a couple other handguns before. Last week I went to the range and shot it for the first time. Initially I thought the accuracy was pretty good and was very pleased with the gun. Then I tried my buddies subcompact xd 9mm and every shot was right down the middle and 3 of 6 or 7 were almost perfect bulls eyes. I had shot the target 20-30 times prior to that with my gun and while I hit the target every time I was only able to barely hit the edge of the center a couple times, and I had similar results when I switched back to my gun again. I definitely like the way my gun felt and fired better (it has a pinky extension on it), but what's with the accuracy difference? Is it just a personal thing like some people are better with certain guns?? Is it just that the glock needs more practice or do I need to adjust the sights?? Thanks in advance for all of your replies.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It's possible the XD's grip angle and high bore axis are just a better natural fit for you. There's no one wonder gun that works great for everybody. If you like and shoot the XD better, then get one.

If not, practice with your glock. Up to you.

I think if I discovered I shot that much better with one than the other I'd probably jump ship. If I start out shooting better with one gun than the other I can only assume practice will get me that much better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts