close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 27 with Federal 135gr. Low Recoil ammo.....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Trebla, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Trebla

Trebla

How many of you G27 owners carry Federal 135gr. Low Recoil ammo in your EDC.

I am thinking about getting a G27 and was wondering how this ammo performs out of it.

2. Trebla

Trebla

3. hotelcharlie

hotelcharlie

I have not tried that ammo but I can tell you that all guns are different. Some like ammo that others do not. My G27 does not like any bullet under 180gr's, it jams every mag with anything less. I don't know why nor do I really care because I like the larger bullets. This is not normal for G27's or even glocks but again every gun is different. The only way you will know for sure is if you buy a hundred rounds and fire them.

4. Trebla

Trebla

Thanks hotelcharlie for your imput. Would anyone else care to elaborate?

5. Rob1035

Rob1035 Skeet Surfer

This is just me, but I'd question buying a caliber then shooting reduced recoil ammo in it...

why not just get a G26 and shoot full house 9mm? Probably a negligible difference in terminal performance

Just my $.02

hotelcharlie- that's really odd, every g27 i've been exposed too had typical glock indifference to ammo....

6. mikegun

mikegun

i can say that ive shot every brand of bullet as well as weight of slug that i could find in my g27, never had a jam of ftf of any kind, i dont think one can find a better small combat pistol at any price, but i feel that way about any glock ive ever owned..

7. Zertek

Zertek

I carry a G26 with Speer Gold Dot 124 gr +p and I think it is a great combo, its great at the range and it feels great CCW

Zertek

8. jpshaw

jpshaw

I once saw a comparison of 135 gr ammo out of a G27. All rated for accuracy, flash, power, control etc. and the Federal PD 135 scored very well. Right at the top.