Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I'd like to go to the local gushow and see if I can trade up to a G27. I like my Taurus but have the itch to sort of match my duty weapon (once I get it in a few months hopefully) after training. (We get a G21 for our duty weapon.) I've always wanted a small glock as a back up weapon that fits on my leg and in my bag...

Not sure how much they run but our local shop has them for $429 and my Taurus for $324 both new...

SOOO, my question is what are my chances of breaking even for a trade for a used G27 for my Taurus Millenium Pro PT140?

·
20,407 Posts
Your chances are ZERO.

·
Registered
393 Posts
you'll be one lucky sob if you can.

i dont know about a p140 but I had a pt111. hated that gun. it was the perfect small size but i hated the very long trigger pull. i have a g27 now and love it. if you get $200 for your p140 i say do it and get that glock.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't think I'd be able to get an even trade I just want to know how much I should expect to get rid of it for and pick up a used G27. ie Sell Taurus for 235 and get a Glock for 300? 350?

·
NRA Member
2,905 Posts
I hated my PT111 for the same reason so I traded it for a new G26 a couple weeks ago at a local gun show. I got prices from different dealers and finally traded for $200 + my PT111. Dealer had the G26 listed at $489 so I got $289 out of the PT111. Also a + was the tax was built into the $489 list price.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Tomorrow I'd like to go to the local gushow and see if I can trade up to a G27. I like my Taurus but have the itch to sort of match my duty weapon (once I get it in a few months hopefully) after training. (We get a G21 for our duty weapon.) I've always wanted a small glock as a back up weapon that fits on my leg and in my bag...

Not sure how much they run but our local shop has them for $429 and my Taurus for $324 both new...

SOOO, my question is what are my chances of breaking even for a trade for a used G27 for my Taurus Millenium Pro PT140?
Why not a G30 or G36 if your duty weapon is a .45? Or maybe a G39 gap? They all have less recoil.

·
in ur rearview
888 Posts
Get a G30 so that you can use your 13rd G21 duty mags in it. If you want a back up to your duty weapon it should be in the same caliber and take the same mags. IMHO

·
Registered
442 Posts
I only got $300 out of my used Mil Pro 111. My friend bought after I sold it for $200. So your chances are slim to none.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright. Just got back. Got $200 for my Taurus and $299 for a brand new Glock 27. I'm a happy girl. I didn't pay full price for the Taurus originally in Aug 06 (traded a gift- Walther P22 and $100 for the Taurus brand new.) So IMO I didn't get a bad deal when I got $200 for the Taurus. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I didn't think I'd be able to get an even trade I just want to know how much I should expect to get rid of it for and pick up a used G27. ie Sell Taurus for 235 and get a Glock for 300? 350?
Not likely. I'd say you'll probably get $175-200 at best for the Taurus, and the Glock will be $400 minimum, used. I'd say it's gonna be at least $200 + your gun, in reality.

Just read your post. How exactly did you get a NEW G27 for $299 ?? LE prices for that gun new are near or just over $400.

Oh, I guess you mean your gun and $299 for the Glock, meaning about $500 for the Glock.

Good luck !!

REV

·
Wheres the beef
294 Posts
I had a millpro...scary gun...it would fire with the safety engaged...talked to some others with the same problem. If you can get a glock for trade with a milpro you and I need to go gun shopping...cause you must be using some form of blackmail...:whistling:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Taurus...:crying: ick!!!

long story short. my friend had a pt-145 which i loved, fired well, was accurate and what was it? 10+1 in a sub-compact .45? great idea. of course, i bought mine, mags dropped, the slide racked automatically. it was at taurus twice for repairs in a combined total of 7 months. received it back, did the same things. VERY ammo sensitive so i said the heck with it and sold it.

of course my friend still has his...took it to the range yesterday. LOL, ran three different types of hollow points, factory stuff, hand loads etc. no problems.

they're all different i guess. i wouldn't buy another taurus anything!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Congrats on the new 27

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Alright. Just got back. Got $200 for my Taurus and $299 for a brand new Glock 27. I'm a happy girl. I didn't pay full price for the Taurus originally in Aug 06 (traded a gift- Walther P22 and $100 for the Taurus brand new.) So IMO I didn't get a bad deal when I got $200 for the Taurus.
Good job, I love my 27, it is the perfect chopped service pistol to me. Any time it is too hot for the PCR or USP, out comes the 27. Soon I will have to get a 23 or 32 to go with it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why not a G30 or G36 if your duty weapon is a .45? Or maybe a G39 gap? They all have less recoil.
Because I've always wanted a subcompact 40 cal Glock... I'm not going to buy a gun just because the department has the same caliber/magazine. What happens when next year they decide to go to a Sig Sauer or S&W or something? Then I'm stuck with a gun I really didn't want in the first place... better to get what you want than be stuck paying for something you really didn't in my opinion... :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts