Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the sub compact Glocks and I see that the Glock 26 and 27 are identical. However, the Glock 33 appears to also be identical but is listed as being .06" taller with the magazine. Is this just a variance in magazine height or is the actual frame/slide of the 33 minusculy taller than that of the 26/27? Also, do all of these guns use the same recoil springs or does one have stiffer recoil springs than another?

Thanks

·
Registered
466 Posts
The barrel, slide markings, and rear sight height are the only differences between the 27 and 33, IIRC.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Were you comparing the Gen 5 versions of those two pistols? If so that looks to be why the difference. The Gen 5 40 cal pistols have a slightly larger slide than the Gen 3 and 4 had. According to Glock's website the Gen 3 and 4 are the same between calibers, but the Gen 5 is different in 40. I didn't look at the 357 pistols, but I believe that would be the same issue as between 9 and 40. It is my understanding that they made the slide larger on the new 40 cal versions to make them more durable with the single trigger and locking block pin design. I own a Gen 3 26 and a Gen 4 27 and they are identical in overall size. The difference is in the Gen 5 based on the info on the website.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm looking at the Gen 3 Glock 27 and 33. Everything appears to be identical except that the 33 is listed as being .04" taller than the 27 with the magazine, which is why I'm wondering if it's due to the 357 Sig magazine or if the actual pistols are minusculy different in height? Also, is the recoil/spring assembly also identical?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Buy the g27 with no regrets. Mine has been stellar since 2007 as EDC. Buy a 357sig barrel and have a g33. Don't forget about a 9mm barrel and mags and get a g26.
I never did this because I shoot and carry 40sw. If I want the other two calibers, I would buy the pistol.
Good luck and be safe.

·
Registered
8,048 Posts
The barrel, slide markings, and rear sight height are the only differences between the 27 and 33, IIRC.
The G31 and 32 have the 6.9mm rear sight. But the G26, 27, and 33 all use the 6.5mm.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Toocool45

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
Might the difference in sights might be because how the caliber behaves? The 357 sig has a flatter flight characteristics than other rounds .

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I have had a gen 3 G31 and gen 3 G22 and the slide was heavier with less machined out metal on the G31 slide, if memory serves me right. The G31 seemed to be 0.5 to 1 ounce heavier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts