close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 27 Upgrades

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Cory G27, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Cory G27

Cory G27

hey guys i am new here just bought my first glock and i think i am in love. much like my vehicles i get an itch to acesorize and upgrade any help would be greatly apreciated

-Cory

2. Mikey.Dunn

Mikey.Dunn

9mm conversion barrel with a threaded barrel extension and then a suppressor.

3. ricky_arthur

ricky_arthur

The only accesories that 27 will need are mag extentions if you need em and a big stack of ammo. Period. Don't mess it up by changing stuff that works.

Ricky

4. 1canvas

1canvas

well if its for defense i would keep the upgrades to better night sights and maybe some kinda grip wrap. on my 27 i use bike innertube on my grip and putting 24/7 big dot sights on. glocks are good to go right out of the box.
    i used to carry 1911s and got tired of all the costly upgrades to make them right. glocks to me are a refreshing break from that .

5. McCallTx

McCallTx

Night sights, Mags (I like having at least a couple full or compact ones), grip sleeve/decal grip, AMMMMOOOOOOOOO

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  6. Glockin26

Glockin26

I thought briefly about some sort of laser but in a SD situation it would be another repetition to re memorize. They do have laser grips but they also add bulk to the width of the frame making concealing that much more of a pain. I bought my G 26 with factory Night Sights and they look great. Ya i could of got some different alternatives but if the night sights are good enough for Glock, then the night sights are good enough for me.

On topic. The best upgrade you can do is free. Dry firing while practicing your concealed weapon draw increases speed and comfort and increases your muscle memory. You can dry fire without snap caps but there cheap and can also practice with them and live rounds in the chamber at the range. Ive read somewhere on here that you put a few random snap caps along with FMJ's in a mag. Pay attention when you pull the trigger on a dummy and see if your sights move or you notice any recoil anticipation which in turn lowers consistency and accuracy.

+1 on ammo as well.

7. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

All it needs are MANY high capacity magazines.

I found the right cant and height to allow me to use 15 rnd mags with IWB. ( cant use sleeves tho)

8. mboylan

mboylan

Sights are the first thing to upgrade on any Glock. Stock sights are awful.

Glock uses cheap rough stamped parts internally. Hand finishing those parts will smooth out your trigger. Search for 25 cent trigger job.

If you don't have an RTF or Gen 4, Tru-Grip will provide a tackier grip without being too abrasive. A-Grip will work if Eric doesn't have a sheet that will fit your model.

9. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Night sites & mags. And if you need it a decal grip or talon grip or inner tube, whatever to increase your grip.

10. dafish

dafish

11. piebiter

piebiter

I'd spend the money on ammo and mags.:supergrin: Admitedly, I'm considering changing out the guide rod in my 27 for Aro-Tek titanium one but thats about it.

12. voyager4520

voyager4520

The only real changes I would make to a Glock are maybe the sights(which I haven't done so far) and the texture of the grip. I put a Hogue HandALL on my G23 which is better than the regular grip texture but still gets slippery with sweat. Some might also find it too bulky since it has those bulges on the sides. I also put a Pearce Grip Plug in it that sits flush with the frame. It fills the hole behind the magazine well and has no effect on function as far as I've seen.

With my newly aquired G27, I might change the sights at some point and I might try a grip plug in it too(though I've heard they pop out since there's no retention point like the hole in the backstrap you'll see in bigger Glocks). I might change the texture of the grip with a Talon grip at some point, but I'm not too sure yet because I don't know how that would go with pocket carry.(I wear baggy clothes otherwise I don't know how well pocket carry would work) I won't get the pinky extensions because this is for optimum concealment and I already have a bigger gun for range use, though I might try those GAP magazine baseplates.

Other than those changes, I'd simply buy more magazines, ammo, a couple of holsters, and maybe some double magazine pouches to carry extra magazines. And I still haven't gotten around to getting a GTUL to help disassemble the stubborn new magazines.

13. tango44

tango44

The only thing that you need for the perfect gun are Meprolight night sights and G23 mags and a lot off ammo!

14. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

I had one in my 26 & now one in my 27. They've never budged, and I'm not sure how I'd even get them out :supergrin: I've used Pearce plugs only, I know Scherer has them too...

15. bigdogmurph

bigdogmurph Lifetime Member

before you spend the money on new sights here is what i did. got a bottle of bright red finger nail polish, took a Q-tip put a little finger nail polish remover on it then dabbed the front sight with it to get any oil off of it. then used a tooth pick to put a small drop of red polish on front sight, just enough to cover the original white dot. looks great, my 55 year old eyes can see it very well and hey had enough left over to do my toe nails, wife says they look very nice.

16. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

ammo and night sights. shoot more, worry less.

17. easyg

easyg

I also have a G27 and, to be honest, I'm not too wild about the target trigger with the ridges.
    So I ordered a smooth trigger (like on the full-sized models) from Lone Wolf.
    I also ordered a 3.5 connector to lighten the trigger pull a wee bit.

18. KevinFACE

KevinFACE

Agreed, people to way to caught up on "upgrades" to the internals of the gun, they are just fine the way they are IMHO. Though I personally find the sights to be fine the way they are... Ammo, mags, and holsters are all you really need.

19. jpeto

jpeto

20. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Mepros, mag extensions, 15rd. backup mags, GAP floorplates, Tallon Grips, holsters (including a nice Galco ankle rig), and an internal laser from Lasermax, and a bright LED flashlight if you don't have one.

Happy shopping!

DH