Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used glock 27 made in 2003, I think its probably had less than 1000 rounds through it, I've fired it about 100 times with no problems. But one thing i noticed is the slide slop lever is really really hard to push down to release the slide and make it chamber a bullet. You can't push it down with your thumb like I've seen others do, you have take your left hand off the pistol and grip hard with your right and push down hard with your fingers on your left hand to get it to unlock. Has anyone ever heard of this?

thanks

·
Armed & Safe
2,196 Posts
The stock GLOCK slide stop lever is not intended to be used as a slide release. It is more difficult to use as a slide release than the SRs on most other guns, for a reason.

If you want to use the slide stop lever as a slide release you should get the extended slide stop lever.

I've got a couple lying around, so send me a PM if you want one.

·
648 Posts
I bought a used glock 27 made in 2003, I think its probably had less than 1000 rounds through it, I've fired it about 100 times with no problems. But one thing i noticed is the slide slop lever is really really hard to push down to release the slide and make it chamber a bullet. You can't push it down with your thumb like I've seen others do, you have take your left hand off the pistol and grip hard with your right and push down hard with your fingers on your left hand to get it to unlock. Has anyone ever heard of this?

thanks
I too have had a couple glocks that function this way. After some time, it will "wear" to the point of being able to just puch the slide release and it will chamber. Glock's recommended method to release a slide when locked back is to use the weak hand, grip the slide from the top, pull back slightly to releave the pressure on the slide, and let it slingshot forward, don't ride the slide or it might not go into battery. I do this often, but have put the extended slide release on most of my glocks.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts