Glock 27 shoots high

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by plainsman, Jul 27, 2005.

1. plainsman

plainsman

While target shooting at about 15 yards, my 27 seemed to be shooting at least 2 inches high. I know Glock has variable rear sights, and my sight has a "minus -" on the right side if that means anything. I have a tridium front sight that I'd like to keep on the gun now.

I believe I need a lower rear sight, anyone have a factory low rear sight that they want to get rid of cheap for my testing purposes? Thanks alot!

2. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

Fresh out. Just getting ready to give one away to another GT member who's experiencing the same issue. Just guessing but perhaps the particular tritium front you have is too low to mate with the factory rear. So you pretty much hit it. Lower rear or higher front. Probably the ultimate thing to do, if you know the manufacturer of the front, is to match it with a rear of the same make that are designed to be paired.

3. 4eyes

4eyes Provocateur

Sure you want POA impact, but 2" high is a non issue. When you shoot faster, you will probably pull low, and if you only shoot at 15 yards--hold 2" below the target.

4. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

Regarding the "minus" marks on rear, stock Glock sights:

Standard sight for 9mm, 40, etc is 6.5 mm. This site is designated by one long mark.

Standard sight for .45's is a 6.9mm and is designated with a long mark with a short mark above it.

Another option is a 7.3mm and is designated with a long mark with TWO short marks above it.

The final option is a 6.1 mm. It is designated with a long mark and a short mark BELOW it.

The different rears can be used to adjust POI but honestly, I think the "correct" sights are already installed and in most cases, the issue is with trigger control rather than sight height. There are always exceptions though, ergo the reason for the different available sights.

-G4L

5. MADISON

MADISON Millennium Member

Glock 27 shoots high?
    Get hold of a set of Glock polimer sights [$11 = $5 shipping = $16.00
    Then get access to a Sight Pusher.
    You can change the sights out until you find the one that shoots you way.

6. jcmios

jcmios

The sights are supposed to be calibrated for 25 yards, try shooting at 25 yards first to see where they are hitting, and then you can adjust properly with the higher or lower rear sight as needed. However if it is just 2 inches I wouldn't even bother.

Jim

7. RandySmith

RandySmith

8. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

Thanks for the pic Randy. That's just what this thread needed.^c