GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have had a 27 since they first came out, and have used it as both an off-duty weapon and as a backup to my 23 which served as my duty weapon when I went from uniformed patrol to a plainclothes unit. Love both guns, as a matter of fact I've shot both on numerous occasions at GSSF matches and have done pretty good. I also have two 40 caliber to 9mm conversion barrels for both pistols. The recoil in the 27 is somewhat stout as they say, but nothing that cannot be controlled with a good grip and stance. I have heard stories about the gun beating itself up due to the heavy recoil and the .40 caliber itself, but as long as you change out that recoil spring on a regular basis, you'll be fine. I have covered plenty of shootings while "on the job" and always saw plenty of failures to stop thugs with minor calibers. That's why I went to a .40 caliber...

·
Wut?
2,417 Posts
I shot a G27 one time about 5 years ago. After 5 rounds, my palm was bright red and my trigger finger had ridges indented into it. After 5 more rounds, I handed it back to its owner and said no thanks.

That same range session, I shot both the G30 and G36 in .45ACP. Now those were a couple of sweet pistols.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
The .40 recoils more than a 9mm, because it is doing more than a 9mm! I want a 27, but will probably get a 30. I'm debating it real earnestly!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I "think" Hickok45 calls the G27 a "professionals gun" I'm no professional but i like mine and if i shoot it regular i'm fine with it, I think a Airweight/Airlite J frame is a Professionals gun and alot of people have them and NEVER shoot them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Initially with my Gen 3 G27 I was "impressed" with the recoil.

However by shooting it I discovered some (several) flaws in my grip and arm extensions and worked to correct them.

The G27 has become somewhat of a non recoil factor now. I have 5 guns that run 40 S&W and I totally enjoy that caliber. Even a S&W Shield 40 is very comfortable. My grasp of the gun changed and tamed the guns down.

And whenever I think recoil on any gun is a tad too much, I pull out my S&W 44 magnum to put things in perspective.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I carried both a 26 and a 27imshot my 26!better. I later sold my 27 to my lt. And then bought another 26
He was happy and so was I.

·
******* country boy
191 Posts
Sure the G27 has a good bit of recoil . 40 is a hot lil number ;). I enjoy my G22 more ,but it's not fitting where that 27 will . IMO the 27 is a real pocket cannon !

One thing that wiggs me out is ,the same guys that call it slow & weak call it snappy ... Lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
My Glock 27 is not bad at all. I have ..357 sig barrel and it has about the same recoil just more muzzle blast. I used to have a Kahr PM 40. Now that was snappy. Two mags through it and you could see Kahr emblem imprinted in your hand.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The model 27 did not start as a gen 2 as someone stated. It began as a Gen 2.5 not a gen 3. Massad Ayoob commented in one of his early tests that the Glock 27 was even more accurate than the Glock 26. In one of his very early comparisions of the two guns.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts