Glock 27 Range Report

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by phobiarg, Feb 20, 2010.

1. phobiarg

phobiarg

Thing kicks HARD, like really hard. Shot 100 rounds through it at a basic silhouette then put the last 50 into a 5 target sheet. This is my 101-150th shots through it at 7 yards, not the best shooting in the world, but I figure its decent for the first time shooting the gun and the first time shooting a subcompact.

10 rounds, slow fire
    [​IMG]

10 rounds, slow fire
    [​IMG]

10 rounds, semi-rapid fire
    [​IMG]

10 rounds, rapid fire
    [​IMG]

10 rounds, rapid fire, 1 missed paper
    [​IMG]

2. RonATL

RonATL Glock Lover

Its a little snappy but totally controllable.
    When I shot one I did notice the recoil difference when compared to my 26 but it wasnt a huge difference.
    Stick with the 27 is a good little pocket glock.

(I actually had the opportunity to fire my buddies Glock 32. Wow. I underestimated the kick of a .357sig. Now that thing was nasty. It was a harder hit then any pistol I had fired, and I cant stop thinking about. I need one of those soon...)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010

3. JohnP82

JohnP82

The G27 is my EDC and I love it. I will admit it took me a little getting used to the snap, but now i love it.

4. M4J0R T0M

M4J0R T0M

I have a 27 for daily carry and a 23 for my night stand gun. The .40 S&W Glocks do take a little getting used. But once you do, man oh man! I am just as accurate with my .40's now as I am with my 9mm.

5. voyager4520

voyager4520

Nice! Congrats! I have a G23 and been thinking of getting a G27 when I get my tax refund.

6. Small Tony

Small Tony

In my opinion I have a lot more control of the "snappy" "muzzle flip" "recoil" as they say when I added a Pearce +2. It ads two more rounds and gives a place for the pinky finger thus adding to accurate follow up shots.

Also doesn't add much to the gun as far as being able to conceal it well. Just my opinion....

7. CDW4ME

CDW4ME Enigma

You can possibly reduce the kick depending on the ammo you are using, some 40 loads produce more recoil than others.

8. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

My 27 is also my EDC. And yes, it took some getting used to. It's all about the grip, IMHO. I'm right handed and found that the key to good control was to use my left hand to help secure the pistol from jumping out of my right hand. The GAP floorplates also helped me out a great deal.

DH

9. G23c

G23c

the 180 grain loads shoot well for me. keep shooting, your range time will pay off. G27 is my EDC. :wavey:

10. ArmedMikeL

ArmedMikeL

Congrats on your G27 !!!

Had one a couple of years ago and stupidly sold it. :crying:

:whistling: I purchased a new G27 about a week ago, cleaned it, and took it out yesterday and shot it. Perfect and accurate was my pleasure as the one I had before was too. I missed it. I have a G35 but needed this one for carry. If you look for a good leather holster IMHO you may want to look at Don Hume JIT. I have one for mine. Also a BlackHawk Serpa holster is good.

Been carrying a LCP and a JFrame revolver and sure did miss my G27.

11. 2740dmx

2740dmx

I carry a G27, and can tell you that it took me a few range visits to work on my fundamentals (grip is very important with the subs).. for awhile, i was unsure if I even wanted to keep a light-weight subcompact in 40!

but now I am very accurate in "combat" situations, and under "pressure", my hands go naturally into the "proper" grip.

from the looks of your targets, you might need to read up or ask for advice from fellow shooters.

shooting is like any thing in life..... practice, practice. If it's your carry gun, try to practice drawing from under cover garments, from different distances, from the ground, maybe do some pushups to bring your heart rate up and get your adrenalin up.

Thanks for sharing.....
    the G27 is my favorite carry pistol (and I have tried many!)

12. Small Tony

Small Tony

+1.....Great post. This may fall under "pressure" situations but I always practice firing with one hand only. Under pressure situations you may not have time to do a proper grip, get in proper stance or slow fire.

Firing one handed rapidly or slow with a G27 can be difficult to do but with practice you can get COM.

13. unit1069

unit1069

I had the opportunity to shoot a G-22 with 180-grain WWB about three months ago. The muzzle flip and recoil were far more pronounced than with my G-32 (installed Wolff guide rod and 20# spring).

If I ever decide to buy a G-23 barrel it will be for woods carry only as I think the heavier rounds against large animals is the only advantage .40S&W has over .357sig, although some outdoorsmen disagree.

14. unit1069

unit1069

Yes, every gun/caliber/ammo combination has its own rhythm to be considered. Once you get the right feel for the rhythm the rest follows more easily.

15. den888

den888

Congrats, the smaller bullet weights will recoil less and you may want to try them.

16. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

Welcome to GT and congrats on the Glock 27...the best CCW that Glock makes.